Do those red badges annoy you?

Do the red notification badges annoy you?

• Yes

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It does for me, because I can't get rid of em'.

Can you not just go to Settings-Notifications and then remove the badge notifications from the list of apps that are displayed?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
They don't bother me much except I feel that when I dismiss something from Notification Center, the badge should disappear as well

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the OP is referring to the red badges you get that can't be removed when you get an iOS update alert to your phone, or for an app that you don't wish to apply the update to because you don't like the changes.

Those are the ones that bug the ish outta me indeed!! I currently have the stupid iOS notification red "1" yea yea I know there's an update I don't effin want it!! Lol.

Now if it's just for txs/emails/missed call ones - then no those ones don't bug me:)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This surely goes without saying, but...if you're jailbroken you can control/get rid of/customize any and all badges in a number of ways.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Well the thing is, when I download an app, I don't like being asked constantly,

"Would you like to recieve notification badges?"

Some apps don't allow you to choose, but then, when the notification badges come, there's no way to awknowledge that you've seen them. You go inside the app and say:

OK....

OK.............

(How do you turn the notification off?)

OK!!!!!

And then you come out of the app, and the same red badge with the 4 is still there. Leaving you wondering why they're there and why it isn't obvious. And why they can't be turned off.

So, Settings.app is the solution to this, but only after it happens to you. Because you don't want to automatically disable every one, you still hold out hope for the ones that are used in the correct manner.

So yes, they annoy me. But only when they are used inproperly. I don't mind seeing an app with a badge that says 367, (I have seen that before) as long as I can clear it out once I get into it.

I wonder if the OP is referring to the red badges you get that can't be removed when you get an iOS update alert to your phone, or for an app that you don't wish to apply the update to because you don't like the changes.

Those are the ones that bug the ish outta me indeed!! I currently have the stupid iOS notification red "1" yea yea I know there's an update I don't effin want it!! Lol.

Now if it's just for txs/emails/missed call ones - then no those ones don't bug me:)

I actually found a way to get rid of those!! It's a combination of turning off cellular and Wi-Fi and loading the app without being connected to the Internet that clears it out. Once you come out of the app the badge will be gone. And it works beautifully as long as you don't go back into the app. :D

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I turn them off for everything except mail, phone and messages. Especially hate them on the App Store and Settings.app which I have turned off. :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
They don't bother me much except I feel that when I dismiss something from Notification Center, the badge should disappear as well

exactly! as of late i have been curious how the process of turning ALL badges OFF would work and rely solely on sounds and checking my NC 21359 times a day

anyone out there have all of their badges turned OFF?

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If jail broken, there are a number of tweaks available to let you turn off badges by putting an app or folder into jiggly mode, and to turn off AppStore badges, and to turn off iOS update badges. Those were the ones that most bothered me.

SimonSage

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just wish that when you installed a new app, it would toggle all notifications on or off, not just push. I automatically say no to pretty much every new app's notification prompt when I start it up for the first time, but often they'll still have the tomato splats (badges), or lock screen, or any of the other ones.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Settings > Notifications > [desired app] > Badge App Icon > OFF

You asked below if anyone has their badge icons all of them turned off and NO I don't but if the settings icon was included which I have not looked I would have liked to have turned that off showing me that I had the 5.1.1 software update I had to stare at.

In the IOS 5 forum I had posed that question and more people than not adviced me to do the update because it was stable so I did yesterday. It took a whole 15 mins. if that and I am glad I did because my OS seems stable so far and now I am charging my battery since I just got home to 100% and keeping an eye on it although yesterday I did alot and the battery meter did not move as much as usual, it seems when I am on wifi at home or work is when it really goes down, just thought I would throw that in...Sorry for the long answer.

Jan

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
They bug me and I'll do whatever updates necessary to clear them. Except of course the iOS 5.1.1 update. I'll leave it alone and clear it out once the untethered jailbreak is released. I'll live with that badge until that time comes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73