Do you use Siri to set your alarm, set your timer or check the time in other parts of the world? If you are using Siri for these functions, do you find her to be overall reliable?
    05-16-2012 11:08 AM
    Do you use Siri to set your alarm,
    Yes, sometimes.
    set your timer
    Yes
    or check the time in other parts of the world?
    No
    If you are using Siri for these functions, do you find her to be overall reliable?
    I find Siri to be very helpful for what I use it for especially for replying to SMS/iMessages while I'm driving. I have a reasonable expectation of Siri and I'm satisfied with what it can do.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-16-2012 11:15 AM
    This is one of the few things I actually use Siri for. Setting the alarm with it has been very reliable for me. I don't use it to check times in different time zones though.
    05-16-2012 11:17 AM
    I use Siri for all of those functions. It's reliable, the mistakes it makes are understandable, but it rarely makes any.

If I want to know the time in France it is easier to just ask.

You can also compare information, just put the second thing in parentheses. If I don't know how to spell a word, like just now with "parentheses", I just said it in Dictation.

With Siri, you can see the UV index of the entire United States and some places in Europe. You can also see what aircrafts are overhead.

Just say, "What aircrafts are overhead?"

Siri has a lot of functions we don't know about.
    Last edited by motoleo; 05-16-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    05-16-2012 11:19 AM
    I find Siri to be very helpful for what I use it for especially for replying to SMS/iMessages while I'm driving. I have a reasonable expectation of Siri and I'm satisfied with what it can do.
    Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Same here.
    Well said JustMe'D

Good Luck
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-16-2012 09:03 PM
    I use it to set timers all the time - it's a lot more faster than opening the app, pressing timer, scrolling to the exact duration I need and pressing start. but it's also what I use Siri for only - I don't find the speech recognition reliable enough for me.
    05-16-2012 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD