Siri and the Clock app

Gary Mazo

iMore/Mobile Nations staff
Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you use Siri to set your alarm, set your timer or check the time in other parts of the world? If you are using Siri for these functions, do you find her to be overall reliable?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you use Siri to set your alarm,
Yes, sometimes.
set your timer
Yes
or check the time in other parts of the world?
No
If you are using Siri for these functions, do you find her to be overall reliable?
I find Siri to be very helpful for what I use it for especially for replying to SMS/iMessages while I'm driving. I have a reasonable expectation of Siri and I'm satisfied with what it can do.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the few things I actually use Siri for. Setting the alarm with it has been very reliable for me. I don't use it to check times in different time zones though.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I use Siri for all of those functions. It's reliable, the mistakes it makes are understandable, but it rarely makes any.

If I want to know the time in France it is easier to just ask.

You can also compare information, just put the second thing in parentheses. If I don't know how to spell a word, like just now with "parentheses", I just said it in Dictation.

With Siri, you can see the UV index of the entire United States and some places in Europe. You can also see what aircrafts are overhead.

Just say, "What aircrafts are overhead?"

Siri has a lot of functions we don't know about.

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I find Siri to be very helpful for what I use it for especially for replying to SMS/iMessages while I'm driving. I have a reasonable expectation of Siri and I'm satisfied with what it can do.
Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Same here.
Well said JustMe'D

Good Luck

Reactions: Just_Me_D

nickhono

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I use it to set timers all the time - it's a lot more faster than opening the app, pressing timer, scrolling to the exact duration I need and pressing start. but it's also what I use Siri for only - I don't find the speech recognition reliable enough for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2