The fingerprints on this thing...

Possession

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Does the olophobic (can't spell that, sorry) coating really wear off this quickly? Obviously this phone hasn't been out a year yet, and I've had it for less, but the fingerprints on mine are just horrible.
I can clean it with water, with clean hands and within 10 minutes of use the screen is just disgusting. I'm having to wipe mine frequently a day. I've seen bad, but this is just horrible. Playing just one game that requires swiping and there's a huge layer of grime on the screen, and I had very clean hands. It can't be my hands as I've tried other people's devices and it's fine.

Is there anything I can do apart from a screen-protector? I know Apple won't do anything, just bugs me. This happened exactly on my iPod as well, the screen used to be perfect, now is a fingerprint magnet, and then screen has so much grip, it's hard to even pinch to zoom.
What's up with these devices? Paid so much for this quality, and the screens get ruined so fast...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wipe mine a couple of times a day with the moistened eyeglass wipes and my iPhone still looks like it did when I took it out of the box and that's saying something because I don't put my iPhone in a protective cover of any kind.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have found this with every touch screen device i have owned. You might be able to find some screen protectors, but i doubt it.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
You sound like you need Fusso Smartphone. Since none of the above mentioned works for you.

Apple's "oleo phobic coating" could use some improvement- I don't think anyone here is using an iPhone with no fingerprints.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the olophobic (can't spell that, sorry) coating really wear off this quickly? Obviously this phone hasn't been out a year yet, and I've had it for less, but the fingerprints on mine are just horrible.
I can clean it with water, with clean hands and within 10 minutes of use the screen is just disgusting. I'm having to wipe mine frequently a day. I've seen bad, but this is just horrible. Playing just one game that requires swiping and there's a huge layer of grime on the screen, and I had very clean hands. It can't be my hands as I've tried other people's devices and it's fine.

Is there anything I can do apart from a screen-protector? I know Apple won't do anything, just bugs me. This happened exactly on my iPod as well, the screen used to be perfect, now is a fingerprint magnet, and then screen has so much grip, it's hard to even pinch to zoom.
What's up with these devices? Paid so much for this quality, and the screens get ruined so fast...

I have a Zagg Screen Protector on mine with a Seidio Case and Holster and I get finger prints too but if you continue to be obsedded and clean with water sooner or later you are going to regret it.

To me there is only one way to wipe prints off and i keep a Micro Fiber cloth at home and work. I have a bunch of them that everytime I go to my favorite eyeglass place to get my eyeglasses adjusted that i wear when i am on the computer, They have bowls of them for free so I usually grab a few. They are washable and air dry and they work great, Try that. Good luck and I hope you stop with the water and use the micro fiber cloth instead.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I wipe mine a couple of times a day with the moistened eyeglass wipes and my iPhone still looks like it did when I took it out of the box and that's saying something because I don't put my iPhone in a protective cover of any kind.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

I use iKlear. Stuff works great. Even without it I don't have a big issue with my screen getting bad at all.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I use eyeglass cleaning wipes and then "polish" the screen with a microfiber cloth. This combo works great. Sounds like you have a lot of "build up" on the screen. Try my method...you will be happy with the results.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2