so i just got a notification on my phone for a software update for version 5.1.1 (on verizon). whenever i update my phone i always do it through my computer even though you can do it through wifi on your phone. i just always like using my computer and manually backing my phone up that way also just to be safe. well when i plugged my phone into itunes that 5.1.1 update didn't pop up on itunes. how come? why would it show me on my phone but not when i plug it into my computer on itunes?
    05-10-2012 01:37 PM
    Were you connected to the Internet with your home computer when you attempted to use iTunes to update your i-device?

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-10-2012 02:36 PM
    yes. it still didnt show up on itunes but i remember when i updated my phone through my computer a couple weeks ago i think i updated to 5.1.1 on my comp but now an update got sent to my phone for 5.1.1 so im confused
    05-10-2012 04:26 PM
    When you connect your iPhone to iTunes, what iOS version does it state that you currently have? Also, when you to Aettings-General-About on your device, what iOS version is listed?

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-10-2012 04:51 PM
    5.1. i plugged my phone into itunes again and i clicked "check for update" and there is was it popped up 5.1.1. usually it does it automatically right when i plug my phone in. this time i manually had to click "check for update" why?
    05-10-2012 05:19 PM
    my computer said "it will automatically check for updates on 5/11/2012" thats probably why it didnt automatically do it cause in that case it would be tomorrow to automatically check. make sense?
    05-10-2012 05:23 PM
    my computer said "it will automatically check for updates on 5/11/2012" thats probably why it didnt automatically do it cause in that case it would be tomorrow to automatically check. make sense?
    Yes, it does. Anyway, I'm glad it worked out for you. Take care & enjoy the rest of your evening.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-10-2012 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD