When you add a contact to your phone what is the difference between adding the number in the "iPhone" spot or in the mobile number spot? Any difference?
    Russian1996 likes this.
    05-08-2012 12:41 PM
    I think it's just there so you can put if your friends have a iPhone or not .. I haven't noticed any difference between that and mobile

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-08-2012 01:09 PM
    Partly a vanity/status thing, partly a way to know who you can iMessage/Facetime and at which number if they have a few.
    05-08-2012 01:13 PM
    Partly a vanity/status thing, partly a way to know who you can iMessage/Facetime and at which number if they have a few.
    +1....You can basically distinguish your friends with iPhones from those who don't if you choose to enter their information accordingly.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    05-08-2012 01:26 PM
    The previous message with iMessages and FaceTime info is correct. It helps the iPhone identify who you can FaceTime/iMessage with.
    05-08-2012 03:22 PM
    So there is no perks with it. Just plainly indentification?
    05-09-2012 03:39 PM
    So there is no perks with it. Just plainly indentification?
    Other than what has already been stated, no.
    05-09-2012 04:10 PM
    No, the perk is that when one of your contacts goes and gets an iPhone, and doesn't tell you, and you finally notice it during a text conversation when the chat bubbles switch to BLUE, you then get to go to that contact and update them from a mobile phone to an iPhone because your OCD won't let it slide.
    05-12-2012 08:39 AM
    No, the perk is that when one of your contacts goes and gets an iPhone, and doesn't tell you, and you finally notice it during a text conversation when the chat bubbles switch to BLUE, you then get to go to that contact and update them from a mobile phone to an iPhone because your OCD won't let it slide.
    Well now that yov've pointed that out SayntJ, I'm gonna have to to go through my contacts and change them - not because I have to butt becuse it's gonna drive me nuts if I don't. HaHa

Good Luck
    05-12-2012 11:30 AM
    By the way (since someone is bound to ask) you won't have an iPhone label if you use Google as an Exchange setup to sync your contacts.
    05-12-2012 11:36 AM
    By the way (since someone is bound to ask) you won't have an iPhone label if you use Google as an Exchange setup to sync your contacts.
    Just noticed that.
    Tks Massie
    05-12-2012 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD