looking for an app that i can write my passwords and pin numbers on,anybody know of an app?
    thanks
    05-06-2012 12:52 PM
    I use 1Password Pro. I like it the best. There are several others but this is the one that I like the best because of it's Double Password that you can use for REALLY sensitive information.
    05-06-2012 01:41 PM
    I recommend DataVault and mSecure. DataVault is more customizable but I think mSecure may be easier to use.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Alli likes this.
    05-06-2012 02:07 PM
    ok thanks guys i'm going to check them out
    05-06-2012 02:31 PM
    I can second 1password.

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk .
    05-06-2012 03:09 PM
    We all know I'm biased, but I highly recommend DataVault, and I can help if you have any problems.
    05-06-2012 03:23 PM
    I recommend DataVault and mSecure. DataVault is more customizable but I think mSecure may be easier to use.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Just curious, but why do you think mSecure might be easier to use?
    05-06-2012 03:24 PM
    Just curious, but why do you think mSecure might be easier to use?
    mSecure, in my opinion, flows better than DataVault. DataVault isn't hard to use, by any means, but mSecure has a more common sense flow to it. See the attached screenshots of each apps initial screen. (mSecure is on the left DataVault is on the right) The template of DataVault should, in my opinion, should be set up similar to mSecure.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 05-06-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    05-06-2012 03:55 PM
    I am TERRIFIED of such programs, having had my iP4 stolen last year and all.
    05-06-2012 06:24 PM
    I am TERRIFIED of such programs, having had my iP4 stolen last year and all.
    Not me. If my device is ever stolen, the thief will have to figure out my password to enter my phone and then figure out the password to get into my DataVault I will more than likely send the wipe command to it as soon as I discover it is missing and unless the thief is a master hacker, he or she will more than likely wipe the device themselves just to be able to use the phone.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-06-2012 08:46 PM
    Not me. If my device is ever stolen, the thief will have to figure out my password to enter my phone and then figure out the password to get into my DataVault I will more than likely send the wipe command to it as soon as I discover it is missing and unless the thief is a master hacker, he or she will more than likely wipe the device themselves just to be able to use the phone.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Not so sure about that. Pretty sure there's software that can access the files on the phone even if there's a passcode. Then the question becomes how are the passwords stored? As text like Facebook does? Hmmm interesting...

We always have remote wipe!

I can recommend DataVault and 1password. Check them out.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sherlock; 05-07-2012 at 01:25 AM.
    05-07-2012 01:21 AM
    Not so sure about that. Pretty sure there's software that can access the files on the phone even if there's a passcode.
    I'm sure there is too, but I doubt the typical thief will possess it. .....(snipped)

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-07-2012 07:02 AM
    I use 1password pro and store bank info to login accounts.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    Last edited by vietalogy; 05-07-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    05-07-2012 09:31 AM
    mSecure is very good and I have also used a program called Strip which is very easy to use and allows the info to be backed up.
    05-07-2012 10:15 AM
    So.. if you have iFile on your phone, can someone copy your file from these password programs and use the same program on another phone to open them up, or are the files password protected?

I use eWallet and just went into iFile and found my wallet, but wonder if someone with eWallet could open the file/wallet?
    05-07-2012 12:15 PM
    So.. if you have iFile on your phone, can someone copy your file from these password programs and use the same program on another phone to open them up, or are the files password protected?

I use eWallet and just went into iFile and found my wallet, but wonder if someone with eWallet could open the file/wallet?
    Not without knowing your password. With DataVault, everything is encrypted. Read about it HERE. mSecure claims the following:

Your data is always encrypted with 256 bit Blowfish format when it is saved or transmitted. Without your password, no one can access the data, not even us. We do not save your password in the database. You can set the self-destruct to destroy the data after some number of attempted password tries, so if your lose your phone, they will not be able to access your data by password cracking."

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    05-07-2012 12:28 PM

IF they crack the encryption, yes they would be able to access. I'd be willing to bet that some of these sort apps don't encrypt the data at all or only lightly. I'm starting to think twice about using them.
    05-07-2012 03:34 PM
    IF they crack the encryption, yes they would be able to access. I'd be willing to bet that some of these sort apps don't encrypt the data at all or only lightly. ..(snipped)
    I agree.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-07-2012 04:36 PM
    from eWallet:

"Using government-level (FIPS) 256-bit AES encryption, eWallet protects your personal information from falling into the wrong hands."

eWallet - Secure Password and Info Manager for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Android, Mac and Windows PC
    05-07-2012 06:48 PM
    I don't really use them, but have used 1Password mostly.

Two others I have used are DataVault & KeePass.

KeePass is an open source password manager. They have a client on virtually every platform for free.
    05-07-2012 08:08 PM
    With DataVault, your data and your master password are encrypted using 128 bit AES encryption. A thief would have to know your master password to get your information.
    05-08-2012 12:50 AM
    I have been using DataVault for about 6 months or so and absolutely love it!! There is also a great desktop app!! I wrote a forum review, take a look: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-apps-...t-ascendo.html
    Alli likes this.
    05-11-2012 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD