is there an app that i can store pin numbers and persanol information on?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I use 1Password Pro. I like it the best. There are several others but this is the one that I like the best because of it's Double Password that you can use for REALLY sensitive information.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend DataVault and mSecure. DataVault is more customizable but I think mSecure may be easier to use.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Reactions: Alli

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
We all know I'm biased, but I highly recommend DataVault, and I can help if you have any problems.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, but why do you think mSecure might be easier to use?

mSecure, in my opinion, flows better than DataVault. DataVault isn't hard to use, by any means, but mSecure has a more common sense flow to it. See the attached screenshots of each apps initial screen. (mSecure is on the left DataVault is on the right) The template of DataVault should, in my opinion, should be set up similar to mSecure.
4308b08d-d714-5722.jpg
4308b08d-d721-4d02.jpg

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am TERRIFIED of such programs, having had my iP4 stolen last year and all.

Not me. If my device is ever stolen, the thief will have to figure out my password to enter my phone and then figure out the password to get into my DataVault I will more than likely send the wipe command to it as soon as I discover it is missing and unless the thief is a master hacker, he or she will more than likely wipe the device themselves just to be able to use the phone.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Not me. If my device is ever stolen, the thief will have to figure out my password to enter my phone and then figure out the password to get into my DataVault I will more than likely send the wipe command to it as soon as I discover it is missing and unless the thief is a master hacker, he or she will more than likely wipe the device themselves just to be able to use the phone.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Not so sure about that. Pretty sure there's software that can access the files on the phone even if there's a passcode. Then the question becomes how are the passwords stored? As text like Facebook does? Hmmm interesting...

We always have remote wipe! ;)

I can recommend DataVault and 1password. Check them out.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not so sure about that. Pretty sure there's software that can access the files on the phone even if there's a passcode.
I'm sure there is too, but I doubt the typical thief will possess it. .....(snipped)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
So.. if you have iFile on your phone, can someone copy your file from these password programs and use the same program on another phone to open them up, or are the files password protected?

I use eWallet and just went into iFile and found my wallet, but wonder if someone with eWallet could open the file/wallet?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So.. if you have iFile on your phone, can someone copy your file from these password programs and use the same program on another phone to open them up, or are the files password protected?

I use eWallet and just went into iFile and found my wallet, but wonder if someone with eWallet could open the file/wallet?

Not without knowing your password. With DataVault, everything is encrypted. Read about it HERE. mSecure claims the following:

Your data is always encrypted with 256 bit Blowfish format when it is saved or transmitted. Without your password, no one can access the data, not even us. We do not save your password in the database. You can set the self-destruct to destroy the data after some number of attempted password tries, so if your lose your phone, they will not be able to access your data by password cracking."

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

IF they crack the encryption, yes they would be able to access. I'd be willing to bet that some of these sort apps don't encrypt the data at all or only lightly. I'm starting to think twice about using them.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
IF they crack the encryption, yes they would be able to access. I'd be willing to bet that some of these sort apps don't encrypt the data at all or only lightly. ..(snipped)

I agree.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I don't really use them, but have used 1Password mostly.

Two others I have used are DataVault & KeePass.

KeePass is an open source password manager. They have a client on virtually every platform for free.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77