Thinking of jumping ship from iPhone 4S to Moto RAZR MAXX...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think people are mistaking Andoid issues with manufacturer issues. I didnt have a single GPS issue on my Samsung Epic and the battery life was wonderful. My HTC Evo sucked battery life though. It is all dependent on the manufacturer I think. Not Android as a whole.

I will say in general the software on iOS is more stable than Android. But Android definitely has its advantages imo. I've never been a fan of Moto though. My Android experiences stay with HTC and Samsung. I will be getting the HTC Evo 4G LTE once it comes out. It definitely looks promising. As of now I'm glued to my iPhone. I've tried going back to my Evo 3D and I cant do it for long. We will see if the next one changes that.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
That's part of the problem with android. Its one OS trying to deal with multiple hardware configurations.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

bbui4

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I currently own a white 4S 16 gig and a Droid Razr Maxx. I have to agree with the OP that the LTE speeds are SIGNIFICANTLY better than my iPhone (which is to be expected). I didn't think I would need faster data speeds but it really does help when I stream videos and music. The battery on the Razr maxx is simply amazing and will last more than 1 day with Extremely Heavy use. The battery capacity simply dominates any other LTE phone out there.

Saying that, I would recommend that you do NOT buy the droid razr maxx. Better phones are about to be released. The next razr will have an HD screen or the next iPhone will have LTE so I think it would be wise to wait a few months.

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If you need a bigger screen then go for it. Android os has evolved a lot I'm even thinking about going back. Just I love iOS but I a, getting real tired of this small screen. I'll wait for the next iPhone hopefully it's 4inches at most. But if you are switching wait because there should be better androids coming. Hopefully a variant of the one x which is a great phone with great battery life.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I want to thank everyone for their opinions and advice on this matter. It was something that I weighed heavily for several days. Since the start of this thread I did go over to the RAZR MAXX and fell in love instantly! Love the screen, love the speeds and loved the tons of free apps. With that being said...I came back to my iPhone 4S. I missed the ease and reliability of the iPhone and its OS. Not to mention how well and easy it synced with my MacBook Pro and other Apple products. Thanks again for all you guy's input. It really helped a ton.

mabjr177

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i had the iphone 4 wanted to give ICS a go so switch to Verizon got the nexus very nice phone all around but battery life on android phones are horrible i couldnt get a full days use out of it before reaching for my charger, LTE is awesome but the more i was thinking about it i never really downloaded and large files and WiFi is always around plus even on 3g it was bad. ICS is almost up to par with IOS but not quite there yet you know u will be in a app then boom its gone and u click it then it wouldnt reopen it kinda pissed me off and u couldnt use the phone heavily or it would die then u could miss a important phone call. I always find myself going back to Iphone think i just stick with Apple from now on.

shelshy

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I jumped ship for about 3 weeks and used the RAZR. I stupidly sold my 4S during that time and ended up back at the store using my wife's upgrade to get me another 4S. Expensive lesson learned....

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I jumped ship for about 3 weeks and used the RAZR. I stupidly sold my 4S during that time and ended up back at the store using my wife's upgrade to get me another 4S. Expensive lesson learned....

I have a similar experience. Got an unlocked Galaxy Nexus. Was awesome at first. All that extra screen real-estate. The customization ability. The widgets. Knowing it's unlocked. Even the shape (fits in a pocket really well). But after only a week (kudos to you for lasting 3 :p) I decided to pop my SIM back into my iphone (luckily, had not gotten to the point of selling it yet).

I was then reminded why I liked my iphone 4S so much. The user interface, while getting a little "old" and "stale", still is so responsive and nice to use. Movements on screen (scrolling, panning) are a true extension of my own finger's movements. With the Nexus, even with its pretty substantial specs, still feels ever so slightly laggy. Overall, even without widgets, I can still find that I navigate quicker in iOS - maybe it's just a perceived thing due to the responsiveness of the OS.

The screen size, while somewhat limiting depending on what content I'm watching, isn't big a burden as I thought when I first switched to the Nexus. Apple for some reason has nailed the default zoom and view size. With the Nexus, seems it's never quite right, and I need a few extra pinches and swipes to be able to read articles on the web browser. Not to mention the one-handed ability of the iphone. I took it for granted until I used the Nexus behemoth for a few days.

So I'm back to using my 4S for this week. Maybe for good? Not sure yet. I'll hang on to the Nexus, as since it's unlocked, makes for a great travel phone (allows to use local SIMs). My iphone is still under lock and key thanks for AT&T. So I won't make any hasty decisions. I'll wait to see what both iOS 6 and Jelly Bean bring. ICS is a great step forward, but for me, I still think iOS is the better OS for actual useability. ICS may have more bells and whistles, and more customization options, but those end up being more distractions than productive adders, imo.

Altough next week, I'll probably by writting a similar response on Android Central how I like the Nexus better. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Endscrypt

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead and jump ship. The worst that can happen is you eventually decide you don't like your choice and get another Android handset or come back for the iPhone 6(assuming you sign a 2 year contract to get it).

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead and jump ship. The worst that can happen is you eventually decide you don't like your choice and get another Android handset or come back for the iPhone 6(assuming you sign a 2 year contract to get it).

Good job reading the thread before posting...

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
;)
You have to make up your own mind... you know what you'll be missing. What will you gain? A bigger screen and you'll be able to say I have a RAZR! I know someone with one and for me I want the best so I will not be joining you.

Bon Voyage!

Agreed. If 4G and a bigger screen are your key points as to why you would leave iOS and go to Android, atleast get a Nexus. Personally, I absolutely despise the Android OS, simply because IMO the platform and every manufacturer's UI is just sloppy, especially Moto. But the Nexus is a different story, that is hands down, the cleanest Android device I have seen, but I still wouldn't leave my jailbroken iPhone 4 for it, I can do everything the Droid can, and I still don't have to worry about crashes like Droid does. In all honesty, I wouldn't give my BlackBerry Bold 9930 for an Android device either.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Galaxy Nexus for 4-5 months and my wife has a 4S. I still prefer mine with ICS. I've got a new iMac, iPod, iPad 2 so I know the drill. But there are still some things I can do with ICS that she can't (like see what date a photo was taken). The apps are just as good, the screen is a little bigger and rocks too. The 4S is a nice phone though. The Moto phone is still GB, I didn't like that nearly so much.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
What an informative post. Thanks for contributing.

My point being, the OP has already replied telling us what he ended up doing...so your original post was completely unnecessary...in fact, continuing this thread at all seems a little pointless now. The advice has been given, and questions have been answered.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73