Thinking of jumping ship from iPhone 4S to Moto RAZR MAXX...

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
While I love my iPhone 4S and what it can do I am falling in love with the Motorola RAZR MAXX. The 4G speeds on it are amazing. The larger screen on it also reel me in. I've mulled this over for close to a week and I wanted to see if my fellow iPhone 4S users could possibly get me to see what I possibly was not seeing. Thanks in advance.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had it...twice. It's a nice phone but the screen is complete crap. Google "droid razr screen blotches"....VERY annoying in a dark room when you can see them. That was my biggest complaint about the phone...i'd wait for the droid fighter/razr hd, basically same phone but with a screen more comparable to the galaxy nexus.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
You have to make up your own mind... you know what you'll be missing. What will you gain? A bigger screen and you'll be able to say I have a RAZR! I know someone with one and for me I want the best so I will not be joining you.

Bon Voyage!

Reactions: Endscrypt

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The "best" means means different things to different people...I don't dislike android, in fact once a phone comes out that fits what I am looking for then I'll probably go back myself. For now, and for MY needs, the iPhone works best.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I think some people get so lured in by this "larger screen" nonsense being peddled by the Android group, they seem to forget the issues that continually plague Android OS's. Android phones are churned out to the masses, so the apps work like crap, the GPS is spotty at best, and the constant random reboots and necessary battery pulls made me want to yank my hair out with a pair of channel locks. The phones are put together cheaply, and take lousy pictures. I use my iPhone in replacement of my old point-and-shoot camera, use it regularly for mountain biking and running thanks to the awesome and solid GPS system, and tear through apps in half the time it took my Android to even start to load them. I haven't had a SINGLE issue with my phone. At least nothing that a simple power off and power up couldn't fix. Oh, and the screen? The iPhone is so much sharper, I don't miss a darn thing about the Android.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I think some people get so lured in by this "larger screen" nonsense being peddled by the Android group, they seem to forget the issues that continually plague Android OS's. Android phones are churned out to the masses, so the apps work like crap, the GPS is spotty at best, and the constant random reboots and necessary battery pulls made me want to yank my hair out with a pair of channel locks. The phones are put together cheaply, and take lousy pictures. I use my iPhone in replacement of my old point-and-shoot camera, use it regularly for mountain biking and running thanks to the awesome and solid GPS system, and tear through apps in half the time it took my Android to even start to load them. I haven't had a SINGLE issue with my phone. At least nothing that a simple power off and power up couldn't fix. Oh, and the screen? The iPhone is so much sharper, I don't miss a darn thing about the Android.

Agreed...I've given android SO many second chances to win me over but there's ALWAYS some goofy bug that pisses me off and I end up coming back to iPhone. It's gonna take an awful lot to get me to try it again.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i really don't know much about android/droid or how the os operates, but what i can say i know is that ALOT of people complain about the battery and always needing to have to hook up to charge after just a few hrs of use. I have to say, i rec'd an email over the weekend from Verizon for a Mothers Day special on the Razr - the purple color sucked me in enough to click for further details - i looked at it for say 2 mins and said nope! i love my iphone4S & i know what i have with it:)

Your going to hear alot of opinions in this thread but the only one who can really help you to decide is you yourself. Make a list of pro/cons for each device-that may help you decide if you want to go the Razr Maxx route or stay with your trusty iphone:)

good luck with your decision, hope everything works out for you.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Agreed...I've given android SO many second chances to win me over but there's ALWAYS some goofy bug that pisses me off and I end up coming back to iPhone. It's gonna take an awful lot to get me to try it again.

Prime example: both my friend and I were going for a run and we both have the Endomondo app installed. He's got a Droid Razr. We fired up the app, my 4S got the GPS signal immediately and the phone was ready to record the track. After he screwed with it for about 5 minutes, it finally got a signal and he was ready to go. I laughed and told him, "that's why I have the iPhone". He indicated he wants to switch, large screen be damned...lol. Oh, and the GPS signal cut out in the middle of the run and it showed he was running at 102 mph during the skip...yeah, I remember that when I had my Droid. :rolleyes:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

You must not have used an android lately. The htc one has a camera on par if not better than the iphone. Not to mention most android's now do not reboot constantly. Some older htc's did but that was fixed pretty quickly through an update. I have used both android and ios and both have their ups and downs. Funny everyone talks about android lag yet my iphone 4s lags worse than my nexus did, not to mention the multiple times it freezes in apps but the ios crowd would never admit that:eek: Moto does pump out a **** ton of phones so they have been on the decline but not being able to get a signal or gps seems like he didn't know how to use the phone or just had a dud.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
You must not have used an android lately. The htc one has a camera on par if not better than the iphone. Not to mention most android's now do not reboot constantly. Some older htc's did but that was fixed pretty quickly through an update. I have used both android and ios and both have their ups and downs. Funny everyone talks about android lag yet my iphone 4s lags worse than my nexus did, not to mention the multiple times it freezes in apps but the ios crowd would never admit that:eek: Moto does pump out a **** ton of phones so they have been on the decline but not being able to get a signal or gps seems like he didn't know how to use the phone or just had a dud.

So, what phone do you currently use? Sounds like you have already jumped ship and are still hanging around sipping the apple juice for some reason. Lol

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So, what phone do you currently use? Sounds like you have already jumped ship and are still hanging around sipping the apple juice for some reason. Lol

sipping the apple juice? I have both an android and the 4s and it still doesnt change the fact how people complain about things on android that even happen on ios which is not supposed to happen according to the fanboys.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My HTC EVO 4G and my HTC Incredible were excellent devices and at the time, my Incredible was the fastest smartphone I had ever owned. I wanted a bigger screen so I went to the EVO 4G and loved it. It simply worked and I don't regret getting it or the Incredible. The default battery, however, was less than great, but I had a vehicle adapter to help out. When I bought the Seidio extended battery, my battery woes disappeared. As for random reboots and stuff like that, I didn't have those problems with the default OS, but I was a flashaholic and I tested almost everything the devs came up with (Yes, I was rooted). Random reboots and freeze-ups are the norm under those circumstances, but I was well aware of the risks I was taking when I opted to root my device and flash a gazillion custom roms. Anyway, I would have no problem returning to the Android platform and I have no problem recommending an Android device to someone who wants or needs a device of that caliber.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:
Reactions: ripcity00

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
sipping the apple juice?

This is an iPhone forum.....iPhone is made by apple.....it's a joke, a saying, no biggie.

I agree to a certain extent, there ARE things that happen on ios that aren't exactly perfect but you seriously cannot sit there and say that an iPhone is just as bad as an android phone when it comes to bugs...I've had literally EVERY high end android phone that Verizon currently sells and I could name at least one or two things that each phone did that it wasn't supposed to do on a routine basis. Yeah I've had to kill an app or two on my iPhone to get it to reset and finish doing what I was trying to do....but when you compare that to the phone telling me I'm in a completely separate time zone, screen not responding at all until rebooted, data connection completely disappearing until rebooting, randomly shutting off all together whenever it feels like it, dead pixels in the screen, etc, and not to mention having to charge the phone every 5 hours....I'll take my iPhone, thanks.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This is an iPhone forum.....iPhone is made by apple.....it's a joke, a saying, no biggie.

I agree to a certain extent, there ARE things that happen on ios that aren't exactly perfect but you seriously cannot sit there and say that an iPhone is just as bad as an android phone when it comes to bugs...I've had literally EVERY high end android phone that Verizon currently sells and I could name at least one or two things that each phone did that it wasn't supposed to do on a routine basis. Yeah I've had to kill an app or two on my iPhone to get it to reset and finish doing what I was trying to do....but when you compare that to the phone telling me I'm in a completely separate time zone, screen not responding at all until rebooted, data connection completely disappearing until rebooting, randomly shutting off all together whenever it feels like it, dead pixels in the screen, etc, and not to mention having to charge the phone every 5 hours....I'll take my iPhone, thanks.

Plus the battery life debate the iphone should excel. It has a smaller screen and is 3g only so if it didn't have much better battery life something would be wrong lol.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Droid X and a Samsung Galaxy S, and both of those have been within a year. And I've used them since I left Blackberry a few years before then. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how to use a GPS based sports tracker app- you turn the GPS on and then fire up the app. I think I am qualified to give a subjective opinion on that because I have had the same issue as he did. I was one of those guys who resisted the Apple switch because...well, I honestly hated Apple products. I first switched to a Mac home computer and realized it wasn't what I was expecting. That was a positive. I figured I'd bite the bullet and go to the iPhone, and I won't go back now. So I am not a "fanboy" per se. I call it like I see it. I have never had one app on iOS freeze or lock up, and my phone is far from laggy. Maybe there's some user error on your part when it comes to the iOS.
And I can honestly say the cameras on both of those phones were garbage.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Droid X and a Samsung Galaxy S, and both of those have been within a year. And I've used them since I left Blackberry a few years before then. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how to use a GPS based sports tracker app- you turn the GPS on and then fire up the app. I think I am qualified to give a subjective opinion on that because I have had the same issue as he did. I was one of those guys who resisted the Apple switch because...well, I honestly hated Apple products. I first switched to a Mac home computer and realized it wasn't what I was expecting. That was a positive. I figured I'd bite the bullet and go to the iPhone, and I won't go back now. So I am not a "fanboy" per se. I call it like I see it. I have never had one app on iOS freeze or lock up, and my phone is far from laggy. Maybe there's some user error on your part when it comes to the iOS.
And I can honestly say the cameras on both of those phones were garbage.

I don't think anyone will argue that moto and samsung cameras suck lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While I love my iPhone 4S and what it can do I am falling in love with the Motorola RAZR MAXX. The 4G speeds on it are amazing. The larger screen on it also reel me in. I've mulled this over for close to a week and I wanted to see if my fellow iPhone 4S users could possibly get me to see what I possibly was not seeing. Thanks in advance.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. If your heart is set on buying the RAZR MAXX, then there isn't much we can say to change your mind. You already know what you've got with the iPhone and I'm sure you've researched the RAZR MAXX to the point of satisfaction. All that is left is for YOU to make the final decision. if you've previously owned an Android device then you know what you're getting. If you've never owned an Android device then the OS may be overwhelming. To an non-techie/enthusiast, the Android platform is not as easy to use as iOS. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
This is getting old. It's a never ending debate. iOS>android or android>iOS. Who's cares? Get what satisfies your needs. Both are great platforms stop this fanboy nonsense. I'm a big apple fan but not arrogant to dis other platforms. Competition is good! Cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods