Prime example: both my friend and I were going for a run and we both have the Endomondo app installed. He's got a Droid Razr. We fired up the app, my 4S got the GPS signal immediately and the phone was ready to record the track. After he screwed with it for about 5 minutes, it finally got a signal and he was ready to go. I laughed and told him, "that's why I have the iPhone". He indicated he wants to switch, large screen be damned...lol. Oh, and the GPS signal cut out in the middle of the run and it showed he was running at 102 mph during the skip...yeah, I remember that when I had my Droid.
    Don't want to call you out here, but my HTC Droid Incredible GPS was EXCELLENT. It would pinpoint my location no matter what. My iPhone doesn't even compare to the DINC in the GPS department, IMO. I was also using Enodmondo and Runkeeper for these comparisons.
    Not sure how Motorola is with GPS though..
    Adawg1203 and bbui4 like this.
    05-04-2012 11:36 PM
    Don't want to call you out here, but my HTC Droid Incredible GPS was EXCELLENT. It would pinpoint my location no matter what. My iPhone doesn't even compare to the DINC in the GPS department, IMO. I was also using Enodmondo and Runkeeper for these comparisons.
    That's the problem with android...you never know what you're gonna get...
    rich67 likes this.
    05-05-2012 06:02 AM
    I have never had GPS issues with my original droid nor with my DX. They locked on almost immediately and did what they were suppose to do no matter what app I used. Also, I felt the build quality on both of those devices were excellent. The keyboard on the droid original wasn't great but I never used it anyway.
    05-05-2012 10:33 AM
    Don't want to call you out here, but my HTC Droid Incredible GPS was EXCELLENT. It would pinpoint my location no matter what. ...(snipped)..
    Same here and the same with my EVO 4G.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    05-05-2012 10:45 AM
    dont do it....
    05-05-2012 04:08 PM
    I still play around with the OG Droid from time to time. I rooted it and overclocked it and is fun to play with. I would like to try a 4G phone just to play with but like using my iPhone for daily use.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-2012 09:57 PM
    Razr was the best Android i had owned.. And i tried many.. HTC? plastic and cheap feeling also very creaky.. Samsung? Moving on as i don't have enough time.. The Moto phones have all been rock solid with great construction feel to them.

That being said i am with iphone simply because it does what it's supposed to almost every time.
    05-05-2012 10:15 PM
    At the end of the day it is your choice what phone you get but I personally would recommen HTC but that is because I am a big fan of Sense. However I say this as a Windows Phone user. Between the razr maxx and the iPhone though I would probably say iPhone.
    05-06-2012 08:38 AM
    The last great all-around phone that Motorola produced was the e815. I still have one. It still works.
    05-06-2012 09:05 AM
    The last great all-around phone that Motorola produced was the e815. I still have one. It still works.
    Thats a pretty ridiculous thing to say. The OG droid really woke android up as a platform. Because of motorola started that "arms race," iOS has a reason to dynamically grow and improve for its users.

And if your talking about using a phone as a phone, Motorola is incredibly good at that. I dare say call quality on Razr's for example is much better than that of the IPhones. Network connectivity on motorola phones has always been solid. Software may be shaky at times, but even then ive really only heard good things about their latest blur on the razr.
    05-06-2012 09:56 AM
    The iPhone is the only smartphone I've ever had but whenever I'm tempted to try the latest and greatest Android phone I ask myself this... Yes, those phones may be very tempting now but will I be happy with it one year from now when there are newer and better Android phones out? Or will I wish I had stuck with the iPhone.

The answer thus far has been to stick with the iPhone.
    05-06-2012 10:02 AM
    I own a iPhone 4S my girlfriend has a Samsung galaxy note from playing with hers and mine I love my iPhone but got to admit some aspects of android are good compared to ios but the screen compared to a retina display I'd have to say her note takes it wow it's beautifully sharp

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-06-2012 10:32 AM
    Dont do it! Way to much fragmentation (unless your into that) and verizon bloatware on it. You will miss the simplicity, beauty, and ease of use of the iPhone!!!. Yes the bigger screen is cool and all, but thats what iPads are for Good luck in your decision!
    05-06-2012 11:29 AM
    i made the switch today from bold 9900 to iphone4s,long time user of bb and i must say i'm happy so far.still getting the hang of a virtual keyboard and ios,nothing wrong with the bb but i was looking for a change i will pic up the new bb10 when its released.

oh so when is the new iphone5 going to be relaesed?
    thanks
    05-06-2012 11:38 AM
    Having owned a Droid Incredible and having the RAZR for about 5 days(before returning it back and going back to my iphone 4), I would say keep the 4S. I agree, the screen size is awesome and it's slim, the UI is ok(for any moto UI), and it has 4G. However, the 3rd party apps are not. The main reason I sold my droid inc. was because of the not so great app experience(even some of the most popular iphone apps were pure garbage on android) and I find that the RAZR is too bloated and that 1/2 the apps are still garbage. I also have had issues with 4G connection and 3G/1X and I'm not in extended coverage. It's a decent phone, just not when mixed with the google play/market apps.
    05-06-2012 01:16 PM
    I think people are mistaking Andoid issues with manufacturer issues. I didnt have a single GPS issue on my Samsung Epic and the battery life was wonderful. My HTC Evo sucked battery life though. It is all dependent on the manufacturer I think. Not Android as a whole.

I will say in general the software on iOS is more stable than Android. But Android definitely has its advantages imo. I've never been a fan of Moto though. My Android experiences stay with HTC and Samsung. I will be getting the HTC Evo 4G LTE once it comes out. It definitely looks promising. As of now I'm glued to my iPhone. I've tried going back to my Evo 3D and I cant do it for long. We will see if the next one changes that.
    05-06-2012 11:06 PM
    That's part of the problem with android. Its one OS trying to deal with multiple hardware configurations.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    05-06-2012 11:34 PM
    I currently own a white 4S 16 gig and a Droid Razr Maxx. I have to agree with the OP that the LTE speeds are SIGNIFICANTLY better than my iPhone (which is to be expected). I didn't think I would need faster data speeds but it really does help when I stream videos and music. The battery on the Razr maxx is simply amazing and will last more than 1 day with Extremely Heavy use. The battery capacity simply dominates any other LTE phone out there.

Saying that, I would recommend that you do NOT buy the droid razr maxx. Better phones are about to be released. The next razr will have an HD screen or the next iPhone will have LTE so I think it would be wise to wait a few months.
    05-08-2012 05:49 AM
    If you need a bigger screen then go for it. Android os has evolved a lot I'm even thinking about going back. Just I love iOS but I a, getting real tired of this small screen. I'll wait for the next iPhone hopefully it's 4inches at most. But if you are switching wait because there should be better androids coming. Hopefully a variant of the one x which is a great phone with great battery life.
    05-08-2012 11:40 AM
    if you really like it i'd say get it
    05-08-2012 12:48 PM
    I want to thank everyone for their opinions and advice on this matter. It was something that I weighed heavily for several days. Since the start of this thread I did go over to the RAZR MAXX and fell in love instantly! Love the screen, love the speeds and loved the tons of free apps. With that being said...I came back to my iPhone 4S. I missed the ease and reliability of the iPhone and its OS. Not to mention how well and easy it synced with my MacBook Pro and other Apple products. Thanks again for all you guy's input. It really helped a ton.
    05-09-2012 09:53 PM
    Yeah i had the iphone 4 wanted to give ICS a go so switch to Verizon got the nexus very nice phone all around but battery life on android phones are horrible i couldnt get a full days use out of it before reaching for my charger, LTE is awesome but the more i was thinking about it i never really downloaded and large files and WiFi is always around plus even on 3g it was bad. ICS is almost up to par with IOS but not quite there yet you know u will be in a app then boom its gone and u click it then it wouldnt reopen it kinda pissed me off and u couldnt use the phone heavily or it would die then u could miss a important phone call. I always find myself going back to Iphone think i just stick with Apple from now on.
    05-10-2012 09:28 AM
    I jumped ship for about 3 weeks and used the RAZR. I stupidly sold my 4S during that time and ended up back at the store using my wife's upgrade to get me another 4S. Expensive lesson learned....
    05-12-2012 01:01 PM
    I jumped ship for about 3 weeks and used the RAZR. I stupidly sold my 4S during that time and ended up back at the store using my wife's upgrade to get me another 4S. Expensive lesson learned....
    I have a similar experience. Got an unlocked Galaxy Nexus. Was awesome at first. All that extra screen real-estate. The customization ability. The widgets. Knowing it's unlocked. Even the shape (fits in a pocket really well). But after only a week (kudos to you for lasting 3 ) I decided to pop my SIM back into my iphone (luckily, had not gotten to the point of selling it yet).

I was then reminded why I liked my iphone 4S so much. The user interface, while getting a little "old" and "stale", still is so responsive and nice to use. Movements on screen (scrolling, panning) are a true extension of my own finger's movements. With the Nexus, even with its pretty substantial specs, still feels ever so slightly laggy. Overall, even without widgets, I can still find that I navigate quicker in iOS - maybe it's just a perceived thing due to the responsiveness of the OS.

The screen size, while somewhat limiting depending on what content I'm watching, isn't big a burden as I thought when I first switched to the Nexus. Apple for some reason has nailed the default zoom and view size. With the Nexus, seems it's never quite right, and I need a few extra pinches and swipes to be able to read articles on the web browser. Not to mention the one-handed ability of the iphone. I took it for granted until I used the Nexus behemoth for a few days.

So I'm back to using my 4S for this week. Maybe for good? Not sure yet. I'll hang on to the Nexus, as since it's unlocked, makes for a great travel phone (allows to use local SIMs). My iphone is still under lock and key thanks for AT&T. So I won't make any hasty decisions. I'll wait to see what both iOS 6 and Jelly Bean bring. ICS is a great step forward, but for me, I still think iOS is the better OS for actual useability. ICS may have more bells and whistles, and more customization options, but those end up being more distractions than productive adders, imo.

Altough next week, I'll probably by writting a similar response on Android Central how I like the Nexus better.
    Last edited by LCW; 05-14-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Endscrypt likes this.
    05-14-2012 11:23 AM
    Go ahead and jump ship. The worst that can happen is you eventually decide you don't like your choice and get another Android handset or come back for the iPhone 6(assuming you sign a 2 year contract to get it).
    05-14-2012 12:05 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD