Siri knows another person using my phone?!?

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The oddest thing just happened the other day - I (Dave) car pool with a friend of mine (Bob) who also has an iPhone 4S. While driving to work, I asked Siri a question - it didn't reply - my friend took my phone out of my hand and re-asked the question - she replied "I'm sorry Bob . . .". How did it know it was Bob? Was his voice that unique that it matched it on a server some where? Is it because his phone was nearby and it deduced that it was him?

Anyone have an explanation or a similar situation occur?

Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Siri - speech interpretation and 'recognition' interface.

Now whether or not the recognition part includes the incident you mentioned is unsure. Anyway, I would have freaked the heck out. Example: What the heck, Siri? Do you and Bob have a thing going on?...(laughing)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Hum...I'm going to have to try this on my husband's iPhone when I get home and see what happens. However, if Siri calls me some other womans name someone's in trouble. LOL ;)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The oddest thing just happened the other day - I (Dave) car pool with a friend of mine (Bob) who also has an iPhone 4S. ...Anyone have an explanation or a similar situation occur?
You got punked. Bob got ahold of your phone long enough to tell Siri to call you Bob... like in the commercial where the kid tells Siri to call him "rock god"

Reactions: Just_Me_D

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
You got punked. Bob got ahold of your phone long enough to tell Siri to call you Bob... like in the commercial where the kid tells Siri to call him "rock god"

Nope - that was not the case - he didn't have my phone at all - he just took it to restate a question - Siri replied and he didn't even catch that Siri on my phone referred to him as Bob.

I'm guessing it recognized his voice since it relies on a server connection and our phones were very close to each other.

Still weird though . . .

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
seems a little far fetched. Why didnt Bob just use his own 4S to ask the question? Maybe the phones got switched around. I highly doubt Apple keeps a data base of how our voices sound and ties them to our names for use on iPhones around the world.

But who knows.

david.e.crocker@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The oddest thing just happened the other day - I (Dave) car pool with a friend of mine (Bob) who also has an iPhone 4S. While driving to work, I asked Siri a question - it didn't reply - my friend took my phone out of my hand and re-asked the question - she replied "I'm sorry Bob . . .". How did it know it was Bob? Was his voice that unique that it matched it on a server some where? Is it because his phone was nearby and it deduced that it was him?

Anyone have an explanation or a similar situation occur?

Thanks.
"I'm sorry, I can't do that, Dave..."

hal9000eye.jpg

BEYOND creepy that your name is Dave...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73