I've looked up this problem, and see that usually people with my issue are having an apple ID problem. That's not the case for me, I don't think.
    Here's the problem: I tell Siri to send a text to my wife (by name, not by relationship). Siri says, "ok, here's your message, ready to send it?". It shows fine even at this point, that the message will go to my wife. Then I go to my messages app and see that it sent the text to my brother instead of my wife.
    So, how do I fix this?
    04-22-2012 12:02 AM
    I also just figured out that if I click on the message that Siri shows, so that I can edit it, it opens up the messages app to the right person. So the problem is somewhere between Siri displaying the message and then when it's actually sent.
    04-22-2012 12:44 AM
    Do u use gmail or iCloud for your contacts ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    04-22-2012 12:53 AM
    Do u use gmail or iCloud for your contacts ?

I use exchange set up for gmail and have my contacts synced through there, and I use iCloud but don't sync any of my contacts through iCloud.
    04-22-2012 01:12 AM
    I think I just fixed it. Settings>messages>receive at>caller ID> phone number instead of email address. It's working like normal again. Hope it stays reliable, and hope this helps someone.
    04-22-2012 01:27 AM
    That's strange that iMessage setting would cause that ..

04-22-2012 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD