Im using a ringtones app and I created a ringtone. I pressed the save button but cant find it anywhere....? Do I have to plug it into iTunes? Thanks!
    04-18-2012 02:03 PM
    You shouldn't. If it saved properly you should be able to find it when you change tones in Settings > Sounds >
    04-18-2012 02:29 PM
    depending on which ringtone app your using - some of them will let you create the rt on your phone, but then you have to plug into iTunes to actually sync it to your phone. I forgot which app name its called - my nephews gf uses the type that works this way. Perhaps your is the same also.

Suggestion: go onto the app store and pull up the rt app you have and read through the description - it may clarify it there for you.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    04-18-2012 02:35 PM
    what a PIA. are there any app store apps that let you create and use ringtones on the device without the use of iTunes?
    04-18-2012 03:02 PM
    I know, I came from blackberry and I couldn't believe that with all the other amazing things that i couldn't make my phone sound any different than the 12 people That all have iPhones in my office.
    04-18-2012 03:41 PM
    I just read the details and said that I did have to connect to itunes and sync it...drats! Does anyone know an app where I can just customize it and saves directly to my device without having to connect to itunes? Thanks!
    04-18-2012 04:14 PM
    I couldn't believe that with all the other amazing things that i couldn't make my phone sound any different than the 12 people That all have iPhones in my office.
    hahaha! i hate that too!

I just read the details and said that I did have to connect to itunes and sync it...drats! Does anyone know an app where I can just customize it and saves directly to my device without having to connect to itunes? Thanks!
    i would like to know if there is indeed an app that will let you but unfortunately unless you're jailbroken i think you guys are SOL

what i find very frustrating is most ringtone apps will not mention that you have to sync with iTunes until after you have downloaded it
    04-18-2012 04:51 PM
    Not the apps fault, Apple won't let developers access the api that will allow them to save directly to ringtones.
    04-18-2012 05:05 PM
    Not the apps fault, Apple won't let developers access the api that will allow them to save directly to ringtones.
    good point. and this just confirms why there is not and will not be the ability to do this

which = Lame.
    04-18-2012 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD