I used to read all the time that blackberry was the better phone for business, more productive etc. I'm beginning to wonder if that is just a myth being perpetuated by Blackberry lovers. What apps does Blackberry have that are comparable to these below?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/business/iphone-at-work/

P.S. I posted this post on Crackberry, not only did they not post it but they banned me too. I guess I was on to something
    04-22-2012 12:43 PM
    Your question was "should i move from Blackberry to iPhone?"

My answer to you is YES!!!

I was a bb user since the 8330 came out, always upgraded to the newest devices as soon as they where available...my last bb was the 9850.

I hav the 4s now and I wished I would hav switched a long time ago!!
    04-22-2012 02:54 PM
    @ camfella it is obvious that they don't have anything other than selling plastic material handset at premium price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-22-2012 03:19 PM
    In my opinion, if you are a travelling guy then, stick to BB. Atleast for me, in Dubai Middle East, I'm stuck with an Iphone, with no data package while travelling out side UAE. Atleast in BB the roaming charges are fixed.
    04-23-2012 04:52 AM
    As the previous poster mentioned, if you travel at all then best stick with a BB. They are easily unlocked and can be used with a local sim card in most places in the world. Sadly the same is not true for the iPhone, especially the 4S. Roaming charges are a killer so something to keep in mind.

Also I see a lot of the posters are comparing older BBs to the 4S and this is not a very fair comparison. The BB 99XX series is a heck of a device and the new BB QNX devices out "soon" should take things to a whole new level!

I have both a 4S and a 9900 and keep switching back and forth; I can't make up mind either because they are both great!

R...
    MRSBROWN2006 likes this.
    04-23-2012 04:17 PM
    Good grief, did you even read my message or just have to jump right in there to try and justify your iPhone? What, if anything, constructive did you add to the OPs questions? I'm glad you think the iPhone is the end all, be all but sadly a rant like yours will do little to convince the rest of the world that not all of us subscribe to the Gates theory of being told by the Apple conglomerate what we need; there are actually intelligent people out there that make their OWN choices everyday!

Whats so nice about the 9900? The camera blows(No AF),browser is slow,app selection very limited,Screen size is small and when you scroll on a website it looks like a checker board. Iphone has the Best camera,great browser is great,Email is better,call quality better, Screen no comparison, BBM very similar to Imessage. I've also had both for a few months and am selling my 9900.
    04-23-2012 06:00 PM
    As the previous poster mentioned, if you travel at all then best stick with a BB. They are easily unlocked and can be used with a local sim card in most places in the world. Sadly the same is not true for the iPhone, especially the 4S. Roaming charges are a killer so something to keep in mind.

Also I see a lot of the posters are comparing older BBs to the 4S and this is not a very fair comparison. The BB 99XX series is a heck of a device and the new BB QNX devices out "soon" should take things to a whole new level!

I have both a 4S and a 9900 and keep switching back and forth; I can't make up mind either because they are both great!

R...
    Same here. The 9900 is a beautiful phone, as is the iPhone, and I keep going back and forth.

The reason camfella got banned is likely that CB is sick of the troll threads posted for the sole purpose of starting trouble. Whether the thread was meant that way or not, I can see why he got banned especially if he joined for the sole purpose of posting it.

As for slammers post, I don't see a speed difference in the browser - however for slammer it clearly the wrong phone. That by no means makes it the wrong phone for everyone, something slammer seems to have forgotten.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 04-23-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    04-23-2012 06:35 PM
    Same here. The 9900 is a beautiful phone, as is the iPhone, and I keep going back and forth.

The reason camfella got banned is likely that CB is sick of the troll threads posted for the sole purpose of starting trouble. Whether the thread was meant that way or not, I can see why he got banned especially if he joined for the sole purpose of posting it.

As for slammers post, I don't see a speed difference in the browser - however for slammer it clearly the wrong phone. That by no means makes it the wrong phone for everyone, something slammer seems to have forgotten.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    Havent forgotten anything. The 9900 wins for messaging because of the keyboard. But I do feel Rim rushed the 9900 because of all the bricking issues and no AF on the camera. We all know neither phone is perfect.
    Last edited by slammers08; 04-23-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    04-23-2012 08:01 PM
    Good grief, did you even read my message or just have to jump right in there to try and justify your iPhone? What, if anything, constructive did you add to the OPs questions? I'm glad you think the iPhone is the end all, be all but sadly a rant like yours will do little to convince the rest of the world that not all of us subscribe to the Gates theory of being told by the Apple conglomerate what we need; there are actually intelligent people out there that make their OWN choices everyday!
    Sorry If I came off the a little stuck on the Iphone. Both are great devices but they are also opposite. I like the 9900 for messaging but wish they had AF on the camera and better app selection. Nothing beats a querty keyboard
    04-23-2012 08:08 PM
    In my opinion, if you are a travelling guy then, stick to BB. Atleast for me, in Dubai Middle East, I'm stuck with an Iphone, with no data package while travelling out side UAE. Atleast in BB the roaming charges are fixed.
    Not to mention that data is compressed through RIM's servers hence less data usage.

If your considering an iPhone, why not check out some Android phones? ( Don't flame me, I love my 4s and it is my DAILY DRIVER) Just curious as to why not open your options up? They have a fantastic line up of phones. You can't go wrong with either Apple or Android !
    04-24-2012 01:17 AM
    To the OP: I just received an email from Apple regarding how the iPhone works in business settings.

More can be found at this link: Apple - iPhone - iPhone in Business

And more at this link: Apple - iPhone - iPhone at Work
    04-24-2012 08:33 AM
    for me, i think you should. there are a lot of iphone apps that can help you with your files, maps, etc. iphone is a good choice has a lot of pros. plus it's easy to use
    04-24-2012 10:09 AM
    First time post here at iMore. I recently moved from a BB 9650 which I enjoyed for two years, into an iphone 4s. (I have previously had a few of the older windows and palm phones.) There are a couple things I miss about the Bold, particularly the ability to turn it off at night and have the alarm clock awaken both me and my phone in the morning. Even though the iPhone doesn't do that, I have been entirely delighted by so many of its other features. In my experience, both the email and texting work much better. Not to mention the browser and a number of identical apps which I also had on the BB. If you're looking to switch, I'd encourage you to go for it. I am pleased with my move.
    04-24-2012 06:50 PM
    Oh, and let me add... the Bold 9650 was a very stable and reliable phone, which I also appreciated about it. But still, given the choice, I'm glad to now have the iphone.
    04-24-2012 07:43 PM
    I have Owned 3 blackberrys I am not biased one way or the other. However the saying that iPhone can't keep up with email etc is a lie. I email a ton and didn't have much trouble switching over. The iPhone is more of a software based phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    04-24-2012 08:00 PM
    I have used a blackberry since 2005 and made the switch when the 4S launched. I have been extremely happy with the move. The iphone and iOS just simply works!

Here is my journey from blackberry phones:

8700 -> 8310 (Curve) -> 9530 (Storm) -> 8310 (Curve) -> 9700 (Bold2) -> 9800 (Torch) -> iPhone 4S
    04-25-2012 11:30 AM
    Have the 9900. I am suffering from the same question. I am also thinking Nokia Lumia 900. However, I think i'll wait for the next iPhone.
    04-25-2012 01:24 PM
    It is a "No Brainer".... I switched 1 year ago and have never looked back.
    04-26-2012 08:05 AM
    I would recommend an iPhone based on stability alone. I haven't used BB's for a few years, but the biggest issues I had with them was freezing (requiring battery pulls) and when RIM's servers went down, you had no email/data, etc. My 4S is incredibly stable. It has frozen maybe twice, but it was due to a rogue app - and a quick restart fixed everything. Battery life isn't as great as BB, but it should easily make it through the day with your use. The camera is a great addition, as well. I use it as my only camera and it does the trick at family functions, sporting events, and the like. As someone else stated, just rip off the band-aid and make the jump.

It will be a little scary at first. I completely understand that familiarity is comforting. But you'll get used to it and realize that you should have made the jump awhile ago.
    04-26-2012 12:54 PM
    Yes - I was a longtime blackberry user. Here's a post I authored awhile back. http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4s-fo...iphone-4s.html

Good luck and do it - you will have no regrets.
    MRSBROWN2006 likes this.
    04-26-2012 10:33 PM
    I have been a blackberry owner since the 8330 Curve release. since then, I've owned the 9630 Tour (loved it to pieces, literally) and now the Bold 9930. I will say that with BB maintaining your software updates are critical, and though there have been some issues with phones on release, my iphone friends have had similar issues occur every now and then (antennagate iphone 4 anyone?). I will actually be making the switch to 4s phones and an ipad in about a month, just because I am ready to try something new. At this point, we have two Macpros in our household and now it just makes sense to convert to Apple all the way. Another score for bb is the security is top notch, which matters immensely to me. So I give BB a 10 on security/messaging/email, and will revisit the sae issues with Apple once I've had my iphone for a few months. Pick up that iphone and give it a go!
    04-28-2012 12:56 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD