Home button double tap resets phone, please help!

toreroguysd

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi there folks,

First a short note about me, a total stranger. I jumped ship from Android to the iPhone 4S back in December after having long been skeptical of iOS. Then I got an iPad 2 for Christmas to replace my 8 year old laptop (yes, 8 years old!). Since then, I've become totally sold out to Apple. But now I fear the honeymoon is over. And I promise I searched the forums and the web already, and have not found an answer to this question. I have been a lurker here since December and am finally breaking my silence.

So, just in the past week I've noticed that when I double tap my home button on my iPhone to bring up the multitasking bar, my phone will freeze and then reset to the Apple logo. It's like everything works fine, until I want to multitask and double press that home button. I'm running 5.1, btw. If I manually reset my phone everything will work great for a while, but eventually the problem crops back up. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it? It's quite annoying, as I rely on that double tap quite a bit. Any insight is appreciated!

furygoalbrtis39

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Same suggestion as Garz. Apple is usually really good with problems that aren't your fault, like I'm on my 4th iPhone because of faulty home and sleep buttons. All for free

toreroguysd

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried restoring yet. I feared I might have to but don't want to use the nuclear option unless it is my last resort. Mostly cause this is my first iPhone so I don't use iTunes and don't really know how to backup and restore. Lame, I know.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner