I have been debating this for awhile about buying a iphone on verizon. There is a extremely slight chance that my wife will let me use her line upgrade to purchase as I just bought a nexus in Jan. I have checked Craigslist and the 4s goes for about 500 and I've only ever seen one so ppl must really love them. However I could get a 4 that's jail broken for $250 but is the 4 really worth the savings? And is this the right time to buy? Also. Do you all buy a new one every time a new iPhone is released ans just sale ur old ones?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    04-10-2012 08:33 AM
    I have been debating this for awhile about buying a iphone on verizon. There is a extremely slight chance that my wife will let me use her line upgrade to purchase as I just bought a nexus in Jan. I have checked Craigslist and the 4s goes for about 500 and I've only ever seen one so ppl must really love them. However I could get a 4 that's jail broken for $250 but is the 4 really worth the savings? And is this the right time to buy? Also. Do you all buy a new one every time a new iPhone is released ans just sale ur old ones?

It is always best to buy the latest generation iPhone. You will likely recieve support and updates longer than previous generations. I would stick with the 4S since you may get features not availible to previous generations in future updates.
    04-10-2012 08:42 AM
    The 4 is definitely worth the savings especially since in a few months the next iPhone will come out. But if you buy phones often you might want the latest iPhone so you won't be tempted to get the latest. That's what drove me nuts with android, a new one was always coming out and I always wanted the newer one and ended up buying one before I could upgrade. iPhone has cured that I'm even more than content with having a 4 and am waiting patiently for the 5.
    04-10-2012 08:42 AM
    The 4 is definitely worth the savings especially since in a few months the next iPhone will come out. But if you buy phones often you might want the latest iPhone so you won't be tempted to get the latest. That's what drove me nuts with android, a new one was always coming out and I always wanted the newer one and ended up buying one before I could upgrade. iPhone has cured that I'm even more than content with having a 4 and am waiting patiently for the 5.
    I have a 4 and I'm debating whether to wait for the "5" or get the 4S.
    04-10-2012 08:47 AM
    I have a 4 and I'm debating whether to wait for the "5" or get the 4S.
    And the fact that a new iPhone is coming out is definately an indication that you should buy the latest generation, since the older generations are about to get pushed back on Apple's update priorities.
    04-10-2012 08:50 AM
    But if the phone is jailbroken the updates don't matter that much.
    04-10-2012 09:13 AM
    My best friend bought a iPhone 4S and ended up selling it and getting another iPhone 4 (for personal finance reasons) and only thing he misses is Siri but if you're JB like he is you don't need to worry and he misses the camera but the $250 is worth the wait until October. Or whenever they decided to release one again.
    04-10-2012 10:13 AM
    The next few months could be as far away as October or November, which is when Apple typically releases iPhones. So the question for the OP is can you wait until then for the iPhone5?

Personally my 4s does everything I need it to do and then some. I bought mine off contract and will be eligible to upgrade to the 5 when it comes out, but I doubt I upgrade. The 4s works perfectly and until that changes, I won't upgrade.
    04-10-2012 10:15 AM
    I bought a used iPhone 4 as I had recently used my upgrade for a photon.
    Sold the photon to offset the cost and i am perfectly happy with it.
    04-10-2012 10:22 AM
    Yea my main dislike about Android is that it is a geeks nightmare dream. I'm a complete hardware geek and always wanting the latest. TBH I feel the ics is not a huge difference over GB and it even looks ugly. To change that ugly u have to root... then rely on a half baked product from some garage programmer to fix the crap that google/phone UI manufacturer should have fixed. Fragmentation is gonna be the fall of google unless they make it easier for developers... they wonder y ppl are more apt to pay for a iOS app then android... have u ever wanted to pay $5 for a program with the UI of a 4 year old? My main dislike about iPhone is the lack of notification center, which was fixed in iOS 5 BC I previously had the 4 and sold it. My other is the huge deductible assurion insurance has. 3rd is that its made of glass... thinking about getting the mophie case thought idk how protective it is.

04-10-2012 10:51 AM
    The 4S has many more useful features and if you get through VZ, it would be
    a good time to buy, IMO.
    04-10-2012 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD