don't lie to me, it has to be covered

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't use a case. Fact is, you gotta be careful with anything nowadays.

exactly. a good example would be that soccer mom with her $700+ Coach purse. she would not just set it on anything because she knows the consequences. if you want nice things to stay nice then you have to go the extra mile 'round the clock

when i had my 3G the only times it was dropped was because it was in my lap while driving. i would forget it was there and it would fall out as i was getting out of the vehicle. since the 4 i do not put my phone in my lap anymore

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What i have to be more careful of is womens jeans, or cargo yoga pants, have shallow pockets, so I have to be more careful the phone doesnt pop out the top of the pocket & fall while walking !!

mind showing us a demonstration of how your phone might pop out of your pants? :D

LingLing511

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a silicone case that I use more often than not. However, I agree with other posters that the device is too beautiful to cover up and there are stretches where I won't put a case on it just to see it in all of it's glory. But, at the price we pay for these devices I can absolutely see why people keep it protected 24/7.

Oh, & even caseless, there's not a scratch to be found on my iPhone. :D

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
You know, as good looking as the 4s is, too bad this thing can't be left without a case or screen protector. I've had it covered in an otterbox and screen cover since day one. I was staring at it one day and decided to take the cover off and let the retina screen shine and after about two days there was a small nick on it. Kinda weak for the simple fact that every ad i see this device its naked, but that's a lie you really cant have this phone naked, it has to be covered.

All my iPhones have been uncovered and they don't suffer from heavy scratches or nicks. Once I dropped my 4S from my lap exiting my truck and it hit the concrete hard. Just a very tiny dent on the antenna and that was it. Just because you can't take care of your phone doesn't mean I can't. So, to recap, it's not a lie that it can't be uncovered. It's you that can't keep it uncovered.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
i have been putting my iPhone(s) in my pocket for a long time. never had an issue with keys or anything. i designate a pocket for my phone ONLY

Yep, same here for me. Right back pocket for my phone. I am one of those who keeps their wallet in their front pocket.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've literally taken a key and tried to scratch my screen with it. It won't scratch. That said, I STILL designate a pocket for just the phone.

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Full body Ghost Armor, 38 bucks well spent. Thinking of picking up a Speck Burton or a Candyshell, just for a change of pace. Phone is MUCH more comfortable to hold if it's in a case, but does look better without.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Mine is always in some kind of case. I have several that I switch between and love making it look different than everyone else's. However, when I take it out of one case to put it into another I always love the feel of it out of the case. It feels so smooth & slippery in its naked state. It just makes me Ooo & Ahh for a few minutes. Then I come back to reality & remember because of that smooth & slippery feeling is exactly the reason why I put it in a case. I'd hate for it to slip out of my hands and get hurt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've used a barely there case for the majority of the time it's enclosed which is about 50% of the time. I've dropped it several times (with the case on) and so far no damage...

gdbjr

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had every iPhone since the original and never used a case or screen protector on any of them. Other then some marks on the apple logo on the back they have all been fine. Not sure what you people are doing to yours, but if you treat them right they will be fine. You don't need a case to keep it looking good.

JoshB410

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Walking out of the Verizon store I had one of their generic screen protectors on.

Went to Apple the next day and bought this:
02.-alternate-view_spk-a0808_001.jpg

Speck CandyShell

Got tired of the added bulk and started to use the phone 'naked', which couldn't be done with just the generic screen protector. Ordered a Full-Body ZAGG InvisibleShield HD to cover the front and back of the phone. Military-grade, scratch-proof, lifetime warranty.
THDAPLIPHONE4GMC.jpg

Decided to add a little protection around the edges to pair with the full-body InvisibleShield and bought this:
aerogrip-edge-redblack-comp_h.jpg

Cygnett AeroGrip Edge in black

James4455

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Mine is currently naked. I've dropped it once and I stuck out my foot for it to hit on and actually kicked the phone. No scratches or nicks. When I use a case, I like the barely there case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen