I have a silicone case that I use more often than not. However, I agree with other posters that the device is too beautiful to cover up and there are stretches where I won't put a case on it just to see it in all of it's glory. But, at the price we pay for these devices I can absolutely see why people keep it protected 24/7.

Oh, & even caseless, there's not a scratch to be found on my iPhone.
    04-17-2012 08:58 PM
    mind showing us a demonstration of how your phone might pop out of your pants?
    lol, funny and no - nice try tho
    04-18-2012 08:25 AM
    You know, as good looking as the 4s is, too bad this thing can't be left without a case or screen protector. I've had it covered in an otterbox and screen cover since day one. I was staring at it one day and decided to take the cover off and let the retina screen shine and after about two days there was a small nick on it. Kinda weak for the simple fact that every ad i see this device its naked, but that's a lie you really cant have this phone naked, it has to be covered.
    All my iPhones have been uncovered and they don't suffer from heavy scratches or nicks. Once I dropped my 4S from my lap exiting my truck and it hit the concrete hard. Just a very tiny dent on the antenna and that was it. Just because you can't take care of your phone doesn't mean I can't. So, to recap, it's not a lie that it can't be uncovered. It's you that can't keep it uncovered.
    Phil DeLong and BLiNK like this.
    04-18-2012 10:32 AM
    i have been putting my iPhone(s) in my pocket for a long time. never had an issue with keys or anything. i designate a pocket for my phone ONLY
    Yep, same here for me. Right back pocket for my phone. I am one of those who keeps their wallet in their front pocket.
    04-18-2012 10:36 AM
    I've literally taken a key and tried to scratch my screen with it. It won't scratch. That said, I STILL designate a pocket for just the phone.
    04-18-2012 01:18 PM
    Full body Ghost Armor, 38 bucks well spent. Thinking of picking up a Speck Burton or a Candyshell, just for a change of pace. Phone is MUCH more comfortable to hold if it's in a case, but does look better without.
    04-22-2012 02:48 PM
    Mine is always in some kind of case. I have several that I switch between and love making it look different than everyone else's. However, when I take it out of one case to put it into another I always love the feel of it out of the case. It feels so smooth & slippery in its naked state. It just makes me Ooo & Ahh for a few minutes. Then I come back to reality & remember because of that smooth & slippery feeling is exactly the reason why I put it in a case. I'd hate for it to slip out of my hands and get hurt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-22-2012 03:19 PM
    Name one phone commercial where the device advertised was in a phone case...
    04-22-2012 08:00 PM
    I've used a barely there case for the majority of the time it's enclosed which is about 50% of the time. I've dropped it several times (with the case on) and so far no damage...
    04-23-2012 12:11 AM
    I have had every iPhone since the original and never used a case or screen protector on any of them. Other then some marks on the apple logo on the back they have all been fine. Not sure what you people are doing to yours, but if you treat them right they will be fine. You don't need a case to keep it looking good.
    04-23-2012 02:54 PM
    Name one phone commercial where the device advertised was in a phone case...
    Time Warner Cable Commercial lol
    04-24-2012 01:08 PM
    Walking out of the Verizon store I had one of their generic screen protectors on.

Went to Apple the next day and bought this:

Speck CandyShell

Got tired of the added bulk and started to use the phone 'naked', which couldn't be done with just the generic screen protector. Ordered a Full-Body ZAGG InvisibleShield HD to cover the front and back of the phone. Military-grade, scratch-proof, lifetime warranty.

Decided to add a little protection around the edges to pair with the full-body InvisibleShield and bought this:

Cygnett AeroGrip Edge in black
    04-25-2012 05:33 PM
    Mine has been naked since day one ( 5months ago ) and its mint !!!
    04-26-2012 07:59 AM
    Mine is currently naked. I've dropped it once and I stuck out my foot for it to hit on and actually kicked the phone. No scratches or nicks. When I use a case, I like the barely there case.
    04-26-2012 09:07 AM
    100% naked all the time.
    04-27-2012 01:18 PM
    Why ruin the phone- go naked!!
    05-28-2012 01:47 AM
    I used to always have it in a case but lately I'e been using it naked. today though i dropped it down the stairs and theres a nice scratch right in the middle of the screen. I picked up a ghost armor and you can't even see the scratch anymore. Still don;t plan on using it in a case.
    06-16-2012 10:09 PM
    Why ruin the phone- go naked!!
    exactly - completely different "experience" than using it in a case - better!
    06-17-2012 02:16 AM
    You know, as good looking as the 4s is, too bad this thing can't be left without a case or screen protector. I've had it covered in an otterbox and screen cover since day one. I was staring at it one day and decided to take the cover off and let the retina screen shine and after about two days there was a small nick on it. Kinda weak for the simple fact that every ad i see this device its naked, but that's a lie you really cant have this phone naked, it has to be covered.
    The commercials are actually obligated to show the device naked.

But handling an iPhone takes finesse. Finesse and sophistication.

I actually saw this one guy, he called he had an iPhone 4 with the screen completely cracked like a vehicle collision! I sat right there and I laughed at him for about five whole minutes.

People with cracked touchscreen phones always catch me off guard. Just get a dumb phone! ha ha
    06-17-2012 05:35 AM
    Mine is naked most of the time... and the rest of the time, I use a CaseMate Barely There case with NO screen protection... my iPhone4 was perfect when I gave it to my daughter last October... my iPhone 4S is still perfect...

It CAN be done...
    I agree, it can be done. If I did not work in an manufacturing facility and did not have to walk around on a concrete floor all night I would have mine in a light case (or no case at all) but I am scared if I do that now I will somehow drop it and concrete wrecks havoc on phones.

I think the iPhone is a very tough phone for the exterior being almost all glass.
    06-17-2012 07:56 AM
    I find the iPhone to be too thin (in hand) and extremely slick. For example if you place it down on slightly angled surfaces (arm of a leather couch) it will slide off. That is the one problem I have found by not keeping it in a case. After several incidents of my 4s sliding off objects, I keep it cased. Luckily, no damage.
    precon22 likes this.
    06-17-2012 10:12 AM
    I have been 'naked' for quite sometime now. I use a Danglet lanyard and really like the convenience and security

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    06-17-2012 10:58 AM
    All my iPhones have been uncovered and they don't suffer from heavy scratches or nicks. Once I dropped my 4S from my lap exiting my truck and it hit the concrete hard. Just a very tiny dent on the antenna and that was it. Just because you can't take care of your phone doesn't mean I can't. So, to recap, it's not a lie that it can't be uncovered. It's you that can't keep it uncovered.
    My experience too. I've dropped my 4 I think 3 times and all 3 were while caseless, and all 3 times while at work in the stockroom with concrete floor. Once was while about 4 rungs up a ladder. Took a nick to the antenna band and that's it. If I have a case on its usually a Barely There.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    06-17-2012 11:09 AM
    As with most electronics, care when you are handling them is very important. Especially when said electronic it's of a delicate nature such as the iphone 4/4S.

I sold my 10 months old iPhone 4 when I got the 4S without a single scratch on it, and it was naked around 90% of the time I used it. Same with the 4S I currently own, 3 months of use, not a single scratch, naked since I got it. It is too beautiful a design to screw it up with an overprotective ugly case. Just gotta be careful...
    06-17-2012 08:28 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD