just made a Genius appointment, waste of time?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
They will usually replace it even if it has the slightest problems.

unless you get some pompous ass 'Genius' like i did over the weekend. i could tell he was a little irritated as if he had been over this umpteen times already. i do have to say this has been the first time i ran into an employee like him the several times i have been to an Apple store

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If your within 14 days demand a new iPhone replacement. Not that there is any wrong with refurb, new gives you that peace of mind.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yep, you are correct

Update: i did end up going back to Best Buy the other night and the employee working at their mobile dept. actually let me look at one 4S that had been opened and open one that was sealed.

guess what.. they both rattled AND had the yellowish screen! that is when i thanked the individual helping me and walked away. i guess that's just the way it is and glad it's over

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
yep, you are correct

Update: i did end up going back to Best Buy the other night and the employee working at their mobile dept. actually let me look at one 4S that had been opened and open one that was sealed.

guess what.. they both rattled AND had the yellowish screen! that is when i thanked the individual helping me and walked away. i guess that's just the way it is and glad it's over

:)i'm glad your past this and the dilema is over for you BLiNK.

I still cant wrap my head around the fact that even at BB mobile dept employee showed you 2 iphones & they both had the rattle and yellow tint. I rem seeing a post recently (maybe in this thread) about the yellowish tint is because of 2 different screen availibility manfucture wise (i think it was IrishRose that posted it) but WTF is the camera rattle actually from ??? :confused: and why would some rattle and some not.......

edit: yep - i just checked it was IrishRose's post about the LG(cooler) & Samsung(warmer) info on the screens:) Thx Rose !!

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This is weird, I've had my iP4 for almost 2 years now and never noticed a rattle until I read this thread. I just put it to my ear and shook it and sure enough there is a very quiet rattle. I would never have noticed this without deliberately looking for it. My guess would be its the vibrate motor, it needs play to function. I've completely disassembled my daughters' iP4 and that motor was the only part that had moving parts, everything else was tightly packed in and screwed down.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
This is weird, I've had my iP4 for almost 2 years now and never noticed a rattle until I read this thread. I just put it to my ear and shook it and sure enough there is a very quiet rattle. I would never have noticed this without deliberately looking for it. My guess would be its the vibrate motor, it needs play to function. I've completely disassembled my daughters' iP4 and that motor was the only part that had moving parts, everything else was tightly packed in and screwed down.

:) well Havoc, maybe you have a point as far as it being the vibe motor BUT after reading your post, lol, you know i had to shake my phone & hold it cloooooose to my ear...i stil heard nothing from mine. So idk, does that mean my vibe motor isnt as powerful as it should be IF thats what the little rattling is?

Oh well !! me thinks technology will at some point drive you crazy with the little minor things that us OCD'ers let bother us. lol.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ok so i am obsessed. went to another best buy and found one WITHOUT a yellow screen! whoohoo!

of course it rattles--fact of life!

however, it did come with iOS 5.0.1 which means i am jailbroken again!

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
You guys have my OCD running in high gear now. After reading the posts, I checked my iPhone 4s for a rattle and I could hear it. Never heard it before. Sounds like it is coming from somewhere near the top of the phone. Maybe the camera ???? I hope I can sleep tonight........LOL. It is killing me just wondering what it might be causing the rattle.

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Never heard a rattle in my 4s, but I've had an OtterBox Defender case on it since I got it. Odd that y'all other posters had this issue. I'd be pissed if my (then) brand new iPhone 4s had a rattle or yellow tint out of the box like Blink was experiencing. Wife would feel the same (and she has minor OCD)!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ok so i am obsessed. went to another best buy and found one WITHOUT a yellow screen! whoohoo!

of course it rattles--fact of life!

however, it did come with iOS 5.0.1 which means i am jailbroken again!

awesome for you BLiNK on both ends of the spectrum !! no yellow tint AND 5.0.1 for your jb'ing fix:D

the rattle would still drive me crazy tho, LOL. Like you. my OCD would get the best of me and i'd be swapping out devices too;):)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
You guys have my OCD running in high gear now. After reading the posts, I checked my iPhone 4s for a rattle and I could hear it. Never heard it before. Sounds like it is coming from somewhere near the top of the phone. Maybe the camera ???? I hope I can sleep tonight........LOL. It is killing me just wondering what it might be causing the rattle.

after some more researching i did confirm, for myself, that it is indeed the auto focus feature of the device

if you want to see for yourself simply turn on your camera and let it auto focus on something close, then tap on the back near the camera lens. the rattle stops. it did for me anyways

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
i guess it would be safe to assume that the newer models are the ones that rattle and or have the yellow screen?

i do not remember reading about peoples concern with this when the 4S was first released

Wife and I got ours on release day. They both rattle. The camera on the 4S is different and gives more of a rattle than the 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR