Hello
    so i have an iphone 4s which i got from Dubai officially Unlocked
    no face time unfortunately but its still good
    and now am using in Canada .. i relised that due the Electricity and the change of the charger
    my iPhone does not last Battery wise as my friends iPhone
    is there a diff ? and do you recommend if i change it ?
    04-06-2012 02:16 PM
    Help please !
    04-07-2012 12:20 PM
    First, you can't expect your phone to work the same with your friends phone. Both of you have different apps, different push notification etc.

At an average, a usage time of 8-10 hours is pretty usual for 4s. Mine runs 4 hours max when I use heavily.

How long your phone last? If your phone last 12 hours average, is very normal. Welcome to smartphone life.

Hope this helps.
    04-08-2012 05:16 AM
    Ate you roaming and is it possible that your battery drainage may be because of it? How is your signal strength in comparison to your friend's? Is your phone usage similar to that of your friends? Do you stream audio & video and/or play graphic intensive games while your friend only read email and surf the web occasionally? What I'm saying is this: there are many reasons why your battery life might not be a good as your friend's.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    04-08-2012 09:00 AM
    Guys thanks for the help

but you understood wrong , i bought mine from Dubai am using a Canadian number and service no roaming or wtv
    and as you know there is a diff with electricity in the middle east and in North America
    so i charge my phone at night fully charged and by the mid of day its 20%
    what i am saying do you think bcs mine from Asia and diff electricity might be an issue ?
    04-08-2012 12:19 PM
    Ahh I see.

Right. Different charge power SHOULD not effect the battery life. However, yes it is possible but I remember reading it somewhere that noewadays battery are different from those times.

In short, it should not have effect and thus, battery life should be the same assuming all details are the same
    04-08-2012 12:46 PM
    Electricity is the same everywhere, once it is in the phone's battery! 100% is the same in Canada as it is in Dubai. Electrons don't care where thy come from.

The charger is a different story, but I'm pretty sure that they're universal as well. As a rule, though, if it charges, it will work.

To reiterate, what comes out of the wall is not related to what comes out of the charger.
    Last edited by Tanbam; 04-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    04-08-2012 12:50 PM
    Oh okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I concur with the previous 2 people who posted replies.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    04-08-2012 01:11 PM
    thanks alot guys .. i guess i have to live with the fact that i need to charge my phone twice a day !!
    ( i use whatsapp alot ) so am guessing there is my problem
    04-09-2012 01:44 AM
    These will help you if you want to extend your battery life:
    Remove Unnecessary LaunchDaemons
    Practical Tips to Improve iPhone Battery Life
    04-10-2012 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD