3rd party insurance?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am in the market to buy another iPhone. I'm done with android trash for now. I got my first iPhone from Verizon on release day back in Feb 2011 and had for awhile and I don't even remember why I sold it. But anyways do any of you guys and gals use a 3rd party insurance for your phone and if so how has their service been?
;
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have only used AppleCare and AppleCare+ on my iPhones and iPads as I prefer to deal with Apple directly should I ever need to. Only thing AC+ doesn't cover that "some" third party insurance companies do is lost/stolen. I have heard some nice things about SquareTrade , but like AC+, they don't offer lost/stolen coverage either.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

Last edited:

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've used Worth Insurance Group. They cover everything including lost/stolen. Plus the deductible is only $50 and the yearly cost is like $89. I recommended it to my assistant who had her phone stolen. The claim process was simple and quick.

Sent from my "new" iPad using Tapatalk HD

Neeyril

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Sent from my "new" iPad using Tapatalk HD
g.gif

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I use Applecare+. I like it way better than Verizon's TEC insurance. It's a lot more affordable and it's a one time payment instead of paying for it on every monthly bill.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Square trade is what I recommend. Get a promo code and you're good to go.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 4G using Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon's insurance that covers everything from water damage to stolen phones.

I will check out the Square Trade website. Seems to be popular amongst the people in this thread. I don't have a lot of electronics, but if it's cheaper than Verizon's insurance it's a viable option.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'll be purchasing this phone on verizon so what is applecare+

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You're not purchasing it on verizon. You are buying an iphone from apple. You're using Verizon for service. But it's an apple product, not verizon.

That in mind, you want Applecare+. 2 instances of accidents is covered with a 49 deductible.

But the important part is that your warranty is increased another year. None of those others will extend your warranty with Apple. This will greatly reduce headaches in the future (especially if you plan to keep it longer than a year) as often Apple will just swap it out if you are under warranty. Basically you buy TWO products with Applecare+. A warranty extension + insurance. Just take care to not lose it or have it stolen.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You're not purchasing it on verizon. You are buying an iphone from apple. You're using Verizon for service. But it's an apple product, not verizon.

That in mind, you want Applecare+. 2 instances of accidents is covered with a 49 deductible.

But the important part is that your warranty is increased another year. None of those others will extend your warranty with Apple. This will greatly reduce headaches in the future (especially if you plan to keep it longer than a year) as often Apple will just swap it out if you are under warranty. Basically you buy TWO products with Applecare+. A warranty extension + insurance. Just take care to not lose it or have it stolen.

Do I have to purchase it on the same day or can I buy it within a 14 or 30 day period?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Do I have to purchase it on the same day or can I buy it within a 14 or 30 day period?

30 days.

"AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of the date you bought your new iPhone. If you did not purchase AppleCare+ with your iPhone, you may purchase it at an Apple Retail Store. To buy AppleCare+ at an Apple Retail Store, a Genius will first need to verify your iPhone purchase date and confirm that your iPhone has no pre-existing damage"

AppleCare

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
30 days.

"AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of the date you bought your new iPhone. If you did not purchase AppleCare+ with your iPhone, you may purchase it at an Apple Retail Store. To buy AppleCare+ at an Apple Retail Store, a Genius will first need to verify your iPhone purchase date and confirm that your iPhone has no pre-existing damage"

AppleCare

Also, if you live more than 50 miles from an Apple store you can call 1-800-my-apple and one of the AppleCare reps can add it over the phone for you. I bought my new iPad at Target and when I called they added it over the phone for me. I was surprised that they did this because I do have 2 Apple stores within 25 miles from my house.

esmcblurm3

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
good info, I'll be buying my first iphone from the verizon store in about a week, and was wondering what to do about insurance.

I currently use Verizon's insurance (I forget the name) for my Droid.. but I've never had to use it.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
According to square trade they offer extended warranty also. Are there any other companies?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
question for AppleCare+ users

adds coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage due to handling, each subject to a $49 service fee.

so this means they now cover physical damage no matter how it happens. is there a catch??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711