Can I create a "Group" for mass texting?

Scorpio04

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Can i create a group for mass texting through my contacts or do I need to download an app for mass texting? I've had several people say I need an app. This to me seems really stupid on Apple's part for not allowing us to create a group. Please help!

jayhawkfan18

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if there is a way to do this with just text messages but my friends and I use KakaoTalk for group chat and we have also used WhatsApp - both work well.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I use MailShot. Love it and it works great.

MailShot has been doing strange things to my mailing lists. I have one with nearly 70 addresses, and it always mangles the first one in the list, causing all of the rest of them to bounce. It's forced me to wait until I'm sitting in front of my MacBook to send group emails. Very frustrating.

Solublepeter

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
MailShot has been doing strange things to my mailing lists. I have one with nearly 70 addresses, and it always mangles the first one in the list, causing all of the rest of them to bounce. It's forced me to wait until I'm sitting in front of my MacBook to send group emails. Very frustrating.
Hi

I am the developer of MailShot Pro, if you experience a problem do please get in touch with us on support <at> soluble apps.com and I will be more than happy to help resolve it for you.

Most things can be resolved simply, the most common solution is to address your emails by tapping the blue "+" button in the To or Bcc lines and selecting the mailShot contact from the list on the next page, rather than relying on autocomplete (which is not always reliable with contact groups.)

Your bounce is probably a problem in your addresses, if you get in touch and forward me an bounce message I'll be happy to diagnose and explain it for you. If there was no message then please forward the sent email or share the MailShot contact to me as a .vcf (tap "share contact" in the Contacts app to do this)

Cheers

Peter
Solubleapps

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The iPhone does support group messaging. Compose a new text and keep adding contacts in the "to" box. It's the same for email, just keep adding contacts to the box.

Karla Johnson

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

I have iphone 4 and wanting to know how created a mass text group, and if it done threw just add people form contact list, when I created it will it save that specific group of number?, so I don't have to do it again.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi All

I have iphone 4 and wanting to know how created a mass text group, and if it done threw just add people form contact list, when I created it will it save that specific group of number?, so I don't have to do it again.

No, it won't. This and no text wrap are two fairly big shortcomings of IOS.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't save it as a group contact, but you can always just open your messages and use the same conversation you started before, right?

gerald03

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone does support group messaging. Compose a new text and keep adding contacts in the "to" box. It's the same for email, just keep adding contacts to the box.

Other phones allow you to create and save groups in your contacts so that you do not have to keep adding/remember names when you are sending a text to a mass listing. It comes in handy for groups such as Boy and Girl Scouts. You do not have to remember all of the names in the group.

James Becker2

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Everything depends on the reason you need it. If it is for personal use to communicate in a group of friends, you may use: WhatsApp, Kik, Telegram, etc.
If it is for business purposes then TextMagic, TextLocal, Trumpia, etc.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't save it as a group contact, but you can always just open your messages and use the same conversation you started before, right?

That's what we do. We have a family group text that includes about 12-15 people. I just scroll down to find it. I realize that's not as convenient as having the capability of group texting. This might be a good topic to submit feedback for!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234