Is your iPhone your alarm clock?

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I travel a ton and I use my iPhone as my alarm clock while on the road. Stock tones are awful so I use some I created in GarageBand...either "For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Metallica or "Black Metallic" by Catherine Wheel. Get's me going in the am...

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my phone for an alarm since my OTR days :D
I use the stock app so I can change settings with Siri and I know it will sound with the ringer off.

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~

JoshB410

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
My phone has always been my alarm, hasn't changed since getting the iPhone.

I wake up to my "Levels" ringtone by Avicii....it's nice to wake up to a party every day :D
Then of course a backup alarm with the standard 'Alarm' sound.

Last edited:

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep. My only alarm clock is the stock on my iPhone. I have 2 alarms set daily. SONAR is pretty annoying to wake a person up ;-)

david.e.crocker@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Is your iPhone your alarm clock and only alarm clock? If so, do you use Apple's clock all, or some other app? What ringtone do you use for your alarm?

Me? I use the sock app and my iPhone is my only alarm clock. I use "Harp" for my alarm ringtone.
I used a few apps to see if I could find something that was more like Android (much better for alarm clock, IMHO), but for the alarm itself I use the stock app with NightStand HD as my 'clock' while on the charger and my sound is Rough Cutt - Black Widow...GREAT song to wake up to.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I used to use the standard iPhone clock app with the Crickets sound.

I began using Lark this week, and so far I'm impressed. It connects via Bluetooth to the phone, and instead of a ringer, wakes you with a gentle vibration on a wrist strap you wear at night. The app has a bit of inconsistency connecting properly to my iPhone 4S (first morning it didn't connect), but since then it's worked every morning. That first morning, the wrist strap still went off, but to shut it off I had to re-connect to the charger/dock it comes with. Also puts the iPhone display into a low-lit but visible clock mode. Pretty neat-o. And if the Lark fails (it will go off once set, regardless if it can't re-connect to the phone prior to alarm), my backup is still the iPhone clock app with Crickets.

I'm doing a seven-day trial, and it will analyze your sleep patterns and give you an assessment of what type of sleeper you are and what can be done about it. Best part - doesn't wake my girlfriend, she never hears it.

Last edited:

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
iPhone is my only alarm. I use the lark sleep system via Bluetooth.
Pure awesomeness. :)

Any issues with having to re-dock the Lark to get it to turn off? First night it was like that, but seems fine last three nights.

Do you pay for the annual service? What did your seven-day assessment tell you?

miller

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's my daily alarm clock. Put it in airplane mode at night. Wake up to "marimba".

I use the paid version of iHandy and use a sound from my Blackberry called "evolving dream". I will start using airplane mode at night though. Great idea. I was manually turning off vibration and notifications every night and then I'd have to remember to turn them all back on.

therealwags

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yup, my only alarm. I use Sleep Cycle...I'm not too sure how it works, but it does. Haven't been late (cross fingers / knock wood :)) since I installed it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73