Is your iPhone your alarm clock?

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My girlfriend and I both have iPhone 4Ss and we both use the alarm apps to wake us up. We charge them in a iHome clock that has slots for two devices. We work pretty standard schedules, Mon-Fri, but different hours, so I just set my alarm to sound at 6am every weekday, and it works flawlessly. I never have to worry about turning it off either, since it won't ring on Sat or Sun, the way it's configured.

radamo

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
No I can't use it as an alarm. The lack of ability to keep alarm and phone active while silencing all other alerts and notifications precludes this usage. Having no ability to schedule these changes in profile is a major deficiency which I hope gets addressed in the next iOS update.
RA

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I use it as my only alarm clock right now as my usual alarm clock literally fell apart in my hands. Just too lazy to find a suitable replacement. I use the stock alarm, and it's set to use the duck sound. I've used 3rd party alarms in the past, but making sure they were "active and in the foreground" was just too much of a pain. I only use them around daylight savings time changes (since there have been issues with the stock alarm in the past around those times).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yes it is and i constantly check it to make sure everything is set correctly before i go to sleep.. every night.. about 3-5 times (long story :D)

DaytonAnnie

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have used it several times as back up to our regular alarm! I use the stock alarm and it's awesome! I also use the Marimba ringtone!!!

sbalchand

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
yes, i use it as my only alarm. but still figuring out how to work around the passcode lock and pushing snooze. not very user friendly.
plus disappointed that i can't get a 15 minute snooze with stock, so have to use an app from appstore.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No I can't use it as an alarm. The lack of ability to keep alarm and phone active while silencing all other alerts and notifications precludes this usage. Having no ability to schedule these changes in profile is a major deficiency which I hope gets addressed in the next iOS update.
RA

I agree with your view on profiling. That's always been a major plus of BlackBerry. Total configuration control over alerts. While the silent ringer will silence the phone, alarms will sound regardless of the switch setting. Apple realizes the risk of forgetting to switch the silencer over to hear alarms has to be overridden by the alarm itself.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
yes, i use it as my only alarm. but still figuring out how to work around the passcode lock and pushing snooze. not very user friendly.
plus disappointed that i can't get a 15 minute snooze with stock, so have to use an app from appstore.

Why can't you turn off the passcode lock at bedtime?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
On my days off my 4S is my main alarm clock. On work days I use it as a back up alarm only.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site

What do you mean? You just tap snooze...

Tap snooze for snooze. Slide to turn off. No pass code needed.

sbalchand

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
nice. which app is that? you are not jailbroken, are you?
Oops sorry. Just saw your profile, this is stock.
Its nice, I'll try. My only issue with stock was the lack of flexibility with snooze time, it's set to 9 minutes.
Other apps in app store have options for snooze.
I like mine to be 15 minutes :)

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone is my alarm clock. I use the Kensington Nightstand app. It's FREE and also gives you different styles & colors to chose from. It also includes weather info. View attachment 14577

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro