Song from phone to computer?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
How do you download a song on your phone and have it go straight to your computer? I don't uderstand how to make this happen

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Assuming your buying them from the iTunes store on your phone. Go to Settings > Store and turn on automatic downloads for music or all 3 options if you want. That way when you download a new song it will download on your computer as well.

If you have already purchased something from the iTunes store and want it on your computer connect your device. Go to iTunes and right click the device on the left side bar, select transfer purchases and it will download anything on your device that isn't on your computer that you have purchased through iTunes.

If you didn't purchase it through iTunes you will have to find a third party program that will let you rip them from the device. Or go through the company you bought the music from in the first place.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So "iCloud" has nothing to do with when u purchase a song on iTunes on your phone and it goes straight to your computer? What is making the song go from your phone to computer automatically? And also how do you get iCloud to back your phone up? There is no option to do that is their?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So "iCloud" has nothing to do with when u purchase a song on iTunes on your phone and it goes straight to your computer?
When you purchase songs via iTunes, those purchases are available to download to all of your idevices and computers. As stated earlier, you can select to have your purchases songs automatically downloaded to your other devices, but know that those devices have to be on and connected to the Internet.
What is making the song go from your phone to computer automatically?
See the screenshot below.
And also how do you get iCloud to back your phone up? There is no option to do that is their?
go to Settings-iCloud-Storage & Backups and then select 'Backup Now'.
4308b08d-a98a-7d93.jpg

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
How about the reverse?
Any way to get songs from my windows laptop to my iPhone 4S?
These were not purchased through iTunes.
TIA

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
How about the reverse?
Any way to get songs from my windows laptop to my iPhone 4S?
These were not purchased through iTunes.
TIA
You can still drag the music files into iTunes and it will let them transfer into your iPhone.
You can also wireless sync your iPhone to your computer when the iPhone is plugged into a power source. It will take longer for the music to sync though.
Away from home? You can purchase iTunes Match. Its 25 bucks a year

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
You can still drag the music files into iTunes and it will let them transfer into your iPhone.
You can also wireless sync your iPhone to your computer when the iPhone is plugged into a power source. It will take longer for the music to sync though.
Away from home? You can purchase iTunes Match. Its 25 bucks a year

Tks for the info Bias X
Good Luck

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For me, I usually transfer to DropBox and get it via my computer DropBox app.

Depends which is the easiest way you like it but for me, DropBox is the way.

The above is assuming you did not purchase the song via iTunes :D