Who has their battery percentage showing?

Do you have your battery percent showing?

• Yes

Votes: 141 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 9.6%

• Total voters

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I typically turn mine off. I get very paranoid if I see the percent drop each time. I only turn it on for a brief time before I go to bed to see where the % is.:p

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
when i first got my 4S i always had it on. then i got to a point where i was tired of obsessing over battery percetage/usage/standby blah blah blah. SO i turned it off. i just recently turned it back on when i upgraded to iOS6 just to get an idea of how my battery life is. Sometimes i shut it off though. Prob in another couple of days i'll turn it completely off again and be done with watching it. Since iOS6 my battery has been fine and i feel no reason to watch it like a hawk anymore:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
when i first got my 4S i always had it on. then i got to a point where i was tired of obsessing over battery percetage/usage/standby blah blah blah. SO i turned it off. i just recently turned it back on when i upgraded to iOS6 just to get an idea of how my battery life is. Sometimes i shut it off though. Prob in another couple of days i'll turn it completely off again and be done with watching it. Since iOS6 my battery has been fine and i feel no reason to watch it like a hawk anymore:)

Same here, Pink. The only difference is that I now only turn it on to check the percentage when my battery is just about completely drained and I'm in the process of surfing the web, perusing the forum or reading articles I sent to Instapaper, etc. I find that I'm less inclined to put it on a charger when the percentage is not being displayed, unlike a few months ago.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Same here, Pink. The only difference is that I only turn it on to check the percentage when my battery is just about completely drained and I'm in the process of surfing the web, perusing the forum or reading articles I sent to Instapaper, etc. I find that I'm less inclined to put it on a charger when the percentage is not being displayed.
:) I understand what you mean D. Usually when my percentage is off, and my 10% warning comes up is when I'll usually plug in. Although when I have my % showing I'll push the envelope and not plug in to charge till the very last possible moment, which could be 1% at that point.

I tend to ignore the 20% warning when my % is turned off too lol.

AppleSmart

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't. My android OCD will kick in and I will have to plug it in every time I see an outlet.

I've never owned an android, but I def have OCD about my battery percentage. I'm ashamed to say I carry a wall charger in my purse (and use it) and I also immediately plug it in no matter what when I'm in my car.

I'm thinking I should try to turn the percentage off but then I'd just obsess about what it is and check anyway. I'm on my phone A LOT to pass time during the day (because of what I do, otherwise I'd be twiddling my thumbs) and the battery drains fast.

Geeze, I really am OCD about the percentage. :eek:

KTJx2

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I HAVE to have mine showing. My problem is I think my battery is lower than it actually is. Then it stresses me out. It looks like I have like 20% but I actually have like 40%.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I HAVE to have mine showing. My problem is I think my battery is lower than it actually is. Then it stresses me out. It looks like I have like 20% but I actually have like 40%.

KTJ
Have you tried turning your phone off then on to see if it displays a more realistic % of what your you feel it should?
Just a thought.
Good Luck

KTJx2

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the percentage is wrong.

I think you misunderstood. I don't think the percent is wrong, I just get stressed g I don't know exactly how much battery I have.

Nothing is wrong with my percent.

-----
Sent from Tapatalk, typos provided by the iPhone keyboard.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I think the percentage is wrong.

I think you misunderstood. I don't think the percent is wrong, I just get stressed g I don't know exactly how much battery I have.

Nothing is wrong with my percent.

-----
Sent from Tapatalk, typos provided by the iPhone keyboard.

Okie Dokie
Good Luck

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have mine showing. Always turn that on first thing whenever setting up a phone. I wish there was a way to clear out the status bar, like not having the little clock showing all the time, or not having the rotation lock showing all the time. Also, still don't understand the need for 2 spinning wheels when dates loading.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2