Who has their battery percentage showing?

Do you have your battery percent showing?

• Yes

Votes: 141 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 9.6%

• Total voters

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
As the stats show, so few people actually don't want to see this. I like having options, and I like that Apple is willing to let folks take the minimalist approach if they want to, but 30% means more to me than what would look like a battery halfway (50%) drained.

Dienaldy_k

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have Percentage battery showing on my Iphone,
hehe just Pretty Proud if My Sister who using blackberry, looking to my Iphone and Complained about Battery life, and my Phone keep showing 80% battery perfomance after I used it at Gym, listened to the music..

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I always have it switched on as well. There is just no other way to see exactly how much I got left so I can gauge what I can do so I maximise my battery.

kfan12

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine's showing. I keep telling myself I'm going to remove it soon since I kinda like my status bar clean. But, it's still there.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the percentage, I like not seeing the number and being all OCD about when it drops in number and just use the bar to show when it drains.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I don't have it showing. I drive myself absolutely nuts by looking at it all the time and watching it drop number by number. Lol.

Plus, to my mind, it looks cluttered when I have it turned on. Another thing that drives me nuts.

Not knowing the exact percentage doesn't bother me one bit. The battery on my iPhone is far superior to any other device I have used, and unless I intentionally run the battery down, I never EVER have to worry about it. :D

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

cretz42#WN

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have it on but I'm definitely not OCD about it. I'll probably take the % off once classes are done for the semester since I won't be using it as much and won't be far from a charger.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the percentage, I like not seeing the number and being all OCD about when it drops in number and just use the bar to show when it drains.

Haha. Had mine on too for a while but had to get rid of it. Felt like I was being OCD in having to know and keep checking. Not sure it really made a difference. Even though I feel the battery life is great on my iPhone and iPad I still am battery checking charging and obsessing. :eek:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I TRIED to shut mine off yesterday.....that didn't go so well:rolleyes: my OCD feels I need to visually see a percentage number, but on the other hand, I also like to know where I'm at especially when using my Mophie. I like to turn the Mophie on my phone to charge when I hit 30%, if the percentage is not showing il never know when that magical number 30 is:p

On the other hand, there are days I'm bugging out and charging at 75% just because.....go figure!! Lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I TRIED to shut mine off yesterday.....that didn't go so well:rolleyes: my OCD feels I need to visually see a percentage number, but on the other hand, I also like to know where I'm at especially when using my Mophie. I like to turn the Mophie on my phone to charge when I hit 30%, if the percentage is not showing il never know when that magical number 30 is:p

On the other hand, there are days I'm bugging out and charging at 75% just because.....go figure!! Lol

You are so right, Pink. We get so caught up in keeping the battery percentage at or very near to 100% at all times that we tend to forget how much 75% or even 45% is. Still, without having the battery percentage showing, the battery indicator is misleading and I am more prone to charging it thinking the battery is almost drained. Yet, when I turn on the battery percentage, I see that I'm at 55 or 60%. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
its funny how so many of us NEED that % ... obsessive, yes!! :D and after reading this thread yesterday, i decided to turn the battery percentage off and see how i managed. i have a mophie case, and usually will charge with it only if the iPhone gets down between 20-30%...
i was tempted to check the % SO MANY times but refused to let myself give in to it,:eek: lol... my goal was to wait for the battery icon to turn RED before checking the %, and then use the mophie to charge. went to bed at 11pm... still in the green on the battery icon... does anyone know when the battery actually turns red? i thought it was at 20% when you get the warning
i don't have to use the mophie everyday (and i haven't in a few days) but i LOVE the security of knowing that i have that extra charge... wonder how i'll do without the security of that % :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...(snipped)... still in the green on the battery icon... does anyone know when the battery actually turns red? i thought it was at 20% when you get the warning
...(snipped)... :D
My battery meter turns red at the 20% level.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen