Setting up iPhone 4s as new, how to get texts and photos back

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
So I've been having problems with my iPhone 4s and I was told that restoring as new might solve the problem. The question is, if I restore as new how can I get back my old texts, photos, notes, etc. Any free app that would help?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your photos, notes, calendar etcetera will sync to your device as soon as you setup your iCloud account and re-enable photo stream provided you have an iCloud account already. As for your text messages, they will be lost.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Will contacts restore too? I am having some issues with Ford SYNC and they say reset the iPhone, but I am afraid to do this and lose other stuff just so I can use my iPhone in the car.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Will contacts restore too? I am having some issues with Ford SYNC and they say reset the iPhone, but I am afraid to do this and lose other stuff just so I can use my iPhone in the car.

If you have your contacts backed up to iCloud, it will sync your contacts, when you restore. I believe it usually asks you if you would like to back up your contacts when you set up iCloud.

The first thing you do is set up your account on iCloud.com. (Just sign in with your iTunes account)

The second thing is on your iDevice, you sign into iCloud on your device. (Settings>iCloud)

The third thing is turning on whatever you want Mail, Contacts, Calender, Reminder, etc. etc. The good thing of turning on iCloud is you can find your iDevice from your computer. Just in case it is ever stolen, or lost, you can sign onto iCloud from your computer and just see where you left your iDevice.

I have done this for my Mom and Pop, just so they can have their iPhone's backed up and if something were to happen to their devices. We have everything backed up and what not. Just to be safe.

Reactions: ricnmar

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner