My iPhone 4s appears to only vibrate when text tones are on. When I switch the sound to None, no sound,and also no vibration......and this also goes for whats app.

Any reason why this is happening? Its getting quite frustrating as its such a simple task....

And yes, both vibrate settings are on.

Thanks.
    03-19-2012 04:14 PM
    Are you jailbroken?
    03-19-2012 05:36 PM
    My iPhone 4s appears to only vibrate when text tones are on. When I switch the sound to None, no sound,and also no vibration......and this also goes for whats app.

Any reason why this is happening? Its getting quite frustrating as its such a simple task....

And yes, both vibrate settings are on.

Thanks.
    I believe that's the correct behavior...if you choose None, that's what you get: no sound, no vibration. It may be possible that you could load one of your own ringtones (make or buy a silent ringtone and sync it over to the phone) that would let you have a vibration without sound, but the Apple setting for None does not do that.
    03-19-2012 09:50 PM
    I believe that's the correct behavior...if you choose None, that's what you get: no sound, no vibration. It may be possible that you could load one of your own ringtones (make or buy a silent ringtone and sync it over to the phone) that would let you have a vibration without sound, but the Apple setting for None does not do that.
    How can that be the correct behavior? So basically you can't put everything to only vibrate without a stupid tone going off?....thats really stupid lol.
    03-20-2012 07:58 AM
    How can that be the correct behavior? So basically you can't put everything to only vibrate without a stupid tone going off?....thats really stupid lol.
    I misread your op. If you want everything to vibrate only simply flip the switch on the upper
    left hand side of the phone. You will still get sounds for music,video and apps.
    03-20-2012 10:04 AM
    Right, if you want NO sounds for anything (calls, texts, etc) just flip the switch. If you want your calls to ring and your texts to vibrate but not ring, use the "silent tone" method I mentioned above.

(For the record, I agree it's kind of dumb.)
    03-20-2012 10:32 AM
    i misread your op. If you want everything to vibrate only simply flip the switch on the upper
    left hand side of the phone. You will still get sounds for music,video and apps.
    thank you!!!!
    03-20-2012 11:06 AM
    thank you!!!!
    No problem.
    03-20-2012 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD