New to Iphone, contacts issue

dirt101

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new to IOS (came from Galaxy Nexus), vzw put my contacts on my phone and when I got home I realized there were lots of duplicates, I deleted all the duplicates on MyVerizon, then used the Backup Asst app for Iphone to sync and it put all the duplicates back onto MyVerizon, should I have deleted all the contacts on my phone first? Thanks for any help

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If VzW loaded up your contacts for you and they're all there-you shouldnt need to use the back-up asst. app thru the app store to load them up--i would imagine that you will wind up with duplicates.

If you have the contacts you need and theres duplicates, i would suggest leaving the back up asst app alone and just go through your phone and get rid of the duplicates. Then when you have the chance, either back up usb via iTunes or set up your iCloud to include contacts in your back ups from here forward:)

Welcome to iOS, hope you enjoy your new iphone !! :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Like what's stated eliminate from your phone to get what you want then use iCloud .. iTunes .. Gmail to keep your contacts in sync .. Backup asst only imports on iPhone it does not sync or backup your contacts

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with most that you sdhould get rid of the dupes on your phone first, then if you are using the VZW contact assistant for iPhone log in to MY Verizon on Verizons website and delete then too, then you should be able to use the app and all should be well, not that there is also nothing wrong with the previous posters advice as well.

If you use the Contact Transfer app you have to use it atr least one time during the month or it will not stay on their server.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal