Being that I'm not the techno-geek some of my friends claim I am, I need to ask for some help in a totally new area for me. I have an iPhone 4s and an iPad Classic. My iPad does not have 3G capability. I understand there is some way I can use my 4s' 3G and tether(is this the right term?) it to the iPad and share that capability with it. In other words, give my iPad 3G capability through my 4s. How can I set this up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
    03-15-2012 03:36 PM
    Settings>general>network

You should see personal hotspot option.

Via Tapatalk
    03-15-2012 03:40 PM
    Settings>general>network

You should see personal hotspot option. Depending on your provider see if your plan offers this option if not you should add the right data plan to tether.

Via Tapatalk

Via Tapatalk
    03-15-2012 03:41 PM
    Add the Mobile Hotspot feature on your Verizon plan via MyVerizon, call Customer Service, or visit a Verizon store... then, in your 4S... go to Settings>> General>> Network>> Personal Hotspot and set things up... and you should know about adding wifi hotspots on your iPad.
    03-15-2012 03:42 PM
    You can do it one of two ways. Pay your carrier for a tethering plan, or jailbreak your iPhone and purchase a tethering app (Mywi) for around $20 and do it that way. Of course with the second option (only know AT&T for sure) if you get caught, they will automatically move you to a tethering plan. Do a search for "tethering" here at this site and you will find a plethora of info on the subject.
    03-15-2012 03:44 PM
    Thanks everyone. I was looking at it as an option to not purchase a new iPad. Bummer that they want a monthly fee just to connect my two devices... what a rip...
    Thanks again...
    03-15-2012 03:57 PM
    Thanks everyone. I was looking at it as an option to not purchase a new iPad. Bummer that they want a monthly fee just to connect my two devices... what a rip...
    Thanks again...
    If you're willing to risk it, Mywi is a one time $20 fee. Again, depending on your carrier...
    03-15-2012 04:12 PM
    If you're willing to risk it, Mywi is a one time $20 fee. Again, depending on your carrier...
    This won't work because MyWi is a jailbroken app and the OP is running iOS 5.1 according to their profile. Unfortunately there is no jailbreak a available for the iPhone 4S running 5.1.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    03-15-2012 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD