Background Network Activity?

iuser_ind

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Every time I open up my email I have to wait on network activity to finish. Everything freezes up until the indicator at the top gets done. I can exit from email but I can't seem to read or delete emails until this activity is done. Do I have something setup wrong? I have my mail to check every hour.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you referring to iCloud or a third party email account like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail or AOL mail, to name a few? Also, is the problem occurring while connected via both 3G and WiFi or only one of them?

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

iuser_ind

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
The only think on icloud is Find my Phone. I am using Gmail and a couple of other third party emails. Didn't have the problem at first, just in the last month or so. I got my iPhone 4s the first day they came out. Everything else seems to be working OK...

iuser_ind

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
The only thing on iCloud is Find my Phone. I am using Gmail and a couple of other third party emails. Didn't have the problem at first, just in the last month or so. I got my iPhone 4s the first day they came out. Everything else seems to be working OK...

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So it's fetching instead of pushing your email? Try deleting your email account and entering it again. Or try resetting your network settings.

Via Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So it's fetching instead of pushing your email? Try deleting your email account and entering it again. Or try resetting your network settings.

Via Tapatalk

I agree. Furthermore, the OP should try to set up his gmail via exchange, if he or she hasn't already.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

iuser_ind

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be trying to setup a 'hotspot' when I go to check my mail? When I open the 'Network' setup page the network icon is active about the same time that it is in email. I do not have a hotspot setup nor ever did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR