Its time to retire

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
so after upgrading from the iphone 4 to the iphone 4S, i had to sell the i4S because it wasnt what i expected and i decided to stay with the i4.

I have been a die hard apple iphone user for years but now i think its time to retire and try something new, the Galaxy S 2, Epic. So what do you guys think about the Galaxy vs iPhone??? I was messing around with the Galaxy at the sprint store and fell in love with the huge screen and beautiful screen display plus the 4G is lightning fast.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
hey, you gotta do what you need to do. sounds like your mind is already made up. yeah, there are some really intriguing devices out there now but there's just something about that feeling you get when the WWDC comes around. the anticipation alone is enough to make your head spin, as you know. so it's easy to make a decision now but come October, or whenever, all of the world will be watching ONE event. and it seems with the pattern Apple has adopted we're pretty much guaranteed a hardware change this time around AND something great "under the hood"

i've messed around with a friends Galaxy S2 a few days ago. it was pretty cool but it also made me realize how nice and polished iOS is. sure if i had to use something just as good as the Galaxy S2 it's not a bad thing but why settle? that's how "I" would feel at this present time

we're not here to talk you out of it. so go ahead and leave if you need to but chances are you'll be back :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you decided to sell the 4S and keep the 4, then I agree, your mind appears all but made up to buy the Samsung. If that's the case then go for it. Don't get caught up in what's coming down the road because the 'next best thing' is always arriving after you've made a purchase. I'll leave you with one piece of advice. When the 'wow' factor has subsided, will you be content with that particular device for daily use? If the answer is yes then buy it. If you're unsure then don't.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

gary1949

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Before I came over to the iPhone 4S in October I had a Samsung Captivate Galaxy S with AT&T being the carrier. Here are the reasons I came over to iPhone:

1) Updates to the operating system (from eclair to froyo to gingerbread, etc) with the combination of AT&T and Samsung were the worst in the industry. The update to froyo was 6 months behind the rest of the world.

2) GPS was atrocious. Samsung knew and admitted this when they released the phone but the customers were screwed becaused promised fixes were never delivered.

3) Battery life was atrocious - need to charge at least 2-4 times a DAY. The phone would drain from 100% to 10% in 6-8 hours.

4) The phone was unstable with random shutoffs, lockups, app glitches galore and excess heat with using apps like navigation.

So, after coming over to the Apple side I wouldn't get another Samsung phone under any circumstances. If you want quality, dependability and smooth operation . . . you DON'T want a Samsung.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
The only Android I would go for is the Galaxy Nexus! Because it's pure Google, the others are pretty crappy UI and Software wise. but the Epic 4G Touch is a great phone, I almost got it myself.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The only Android I would go for is the Galaxy Nexus!

While this is true for me, some people will be turned off with the poor camera. And to the OP for what it's worth, in the past I've always picked up the latest and greatest Android phone and always come back to the iPhone. To me that says something.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Nothing works like an iPhone. If you want to have to manage your device, kill apps, set battery usage profiles to make it through a day, go ahead! You'll regret it later.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
While this is true for me, some people will be turned off with the poor camera. And to the OP for what it's worth, in the past I've always picked up the latest and greatest Android phone and always come back to the iPhone. To me that says something.

I went from the iPhone 3GS to the Droid Bionic and just came back to the iPhone 4S (last week) because I was tired of having to carry my charger around all day. But I do miss the LTE speeds :(

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I've used a lot of different phones and I can honestly say the Galaxy SII is the only phone I've had that can really give the iPhone a run for its money. I had the original Galaxy SII wih the exynos processor, not the Skyrocket. It was speedy, great camera, beautiful screen and plenty of apps. I'm kind of sorry I sold it, actually. I do love my iPhone but some times its nice to switch it up a bit. If you are wanting to try an Android the Galaxy SII is a great choice.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I should have also mentioned that I didn't tweak the settings, use an app killer, etc and the battery life was on par with the iPhone.

freddmc

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
1) Updates to the operating system (from eclair to froyo to gingerbread, etc) with the combination of AT&T and Samsung were the worst in the industry. The update to froyo was 6 months behind the rest of the world.

2) GPS was atrocious. Samsung knew and admitted this when they released the phone but the customers were screwed becaused promised fixes were never delivered.

3) Battery life was atrocious - need to charge at least 2-4 times a DAY. The phone would drain from 100% to 10% in 6-8 hours.

4) The phone was unstable with random shutoffs, lockups, app glitches galore and excess heat with using apps like navigation.

Yea, but other that that how was it?? LOL

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Yea, but other that that how was it?? LOL

I agree the updates are shamefully slooooow. But you can't buy a phone anticipating the next version of the OS. You need to be happy with it right out of the box. Then you can be pleasantly surprised when you get an update. I also agree with the GPS. It sucked. Not nearly as bad as the Captivate was though.

I must not be a power user because I only had to charge my phone at night, like I do with my iPhone. It really boils down to usage so everyone is going to have a different experience in that regard. I never once had a freeze up or shut off wih my GSII.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have owned over the last 7 months the following devices:

iPhone 4
Motorola Atrix
Samsung Captivate
iPhone 4S
Samsung Galaxy S2
HTC Titan
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Note

And now I am back to the iPhone 4S .. In the end the iPhone was the best experience for me. I think I am going to stick with apple until the next iPhone is released.

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been a iphone Guy since the 3g I love my iPhone I still have my ip4 and got my wife the 4s but I kept looking at androids these past few months last weekend I bit the bullet used my wife's upgrade since she used mine to get the 4s, I bought a Samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket I am going the keep my iPhone 4 since I kinda have a attachment to it sad I know but I am digging this skyrocket and I am seeing why lots if people enjoy the bigger androids I wont be able to buy another iPhone unless they make a bigger screen and allow us to have Widgets so as my everyday carry phone the skyrocket is it for me I hope it can stay reliable if not my ip4 is still standing by waiting

Sent from my skyrocket

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For me I find I dont even miss widgets because I didnt use them with Android. Also bigger screen is nice but these new Andorids with their 4.5"+ is just too big for me. They feel awkward to me.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Some of the new Android phones are becoming downright comical with screen size. Some people look like they're carrying a dang iPad on their hip. I'll take the crisp, detailed look of the iPhone's smaller screen over a larger screen any day.
I was a devout Android user for years. I swore by them, and I cursed the iPhone as a "kid's" phone. After random reboots, required battery pulls, awful battery life, crashing and slow apps, terrible photo quality, and simple things like lack of screenshot ability, I said let me give the 4S a try. I will never go back.
I'm just curious if the people who tend to shift back to the Android OS are PC users or Mac users? I think I notice a lot of PC users having frustration issues with iTunes are more likely to make the shift back. I have a Mac and never had a problem with iTunes or any other sync issues, and I wonder if that makes people want to jump ship?

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Some of the new Android phones are becoming downright comical with screen size. Some people look like they're carrying a dang iPad on their hip. I'll take the crisp, detailed look of the iPhone's smaller screen over a larger screen any day.
I was a devout Android user for years. I swore by them, and I cursed the iPhone as a "kid's" phone. After random reboots, required battery pulls, awful battery life, crashing and slow apps, terrible photo quality, and simple things like lack of screenshot ability, I said let me give the 4S a try. I will never go back.
I'm just curious if the people who tend to shift back to the Android OS are PC users or Mac users? I think I notice a lot of PC users having frustration issues with iTunes are more likely to make the shift back. I have a Mac and never had a problem with iTunes or any other sync issues, and I wonder if that makes people want to jump ship?

I was also a big Android fan used the Original Motorola Droid, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Sensation and the Droid Bionic. I never thought I'd be with an iPhone, I didn't like how there was not as much customization as there is with Android. But over all iPhone is a much better device.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I generally go back and forth between iOS and Android. In my case it has nothing to do with using iTunes on my Windows computer. iTunes has never given me an issue with Windows, although maybe for some this might be an issue. I generally find myself switching to Android simply because I become bored with iOS lack of customization and want to try one of the newest Android devices out to see what new things it has to offer. For now, though, my jailbroken 4S is meeting my needs so I don't see myself switching over to another Android in the near future....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal