The thing I miss the most since switching from my Nexus S 4G is my ablilty to transfer almost any file on my phone to the cloud based applications (Dropbox, Box.net, etc.) On iOS all I can put in my dropbox or box account is photos or videos from my iPhone.. Granted most of the time they were theming .apk files I made, but the point is I had access to those. Other than that, I enjoy not laboring over custom ROM updates and trying to dig through numerous threads trying to find the optimized kernel for my device.(Not to mention I realized that still have a wife and my kids have grown over the last 2 years...I kid) I rarely visit XDA anymore and just enjoy my iPhone as it is. I have no temptation to jailbreak my device...yet. I think for the power user, when you buy an Android device you already feel like it's not as good as it could be and are forced to root and optimize. However, from what I have read since coming to iOS, many admit after Jailbreaking that the performance is slightly affected, but the benefits outweigh the sacrifice. I think that mentality shows how polished iOS is and that the community agrees with that. I can't say that for a power user on Android with a phone right out of the box. I am very unbiased. I love what each platform offers.
    03-13-2012 05:14 PM
    I went from the iPhone 3GS to the Droid Bionic and just came back to the iPhone 4S (last week) because I was tired of having to carry my charger around all day. But I do miss the LTE speeds
    That's cuz Verizon's 3G speeds are darn near atrocious ... Buddy was here with the 4S for two weeks and I was shocked to see his speeds at .9 Mbps ... I pull anywhere from 5-10 Mbps on AT&T and unless something has changed and I missed it ... Sprints are even slower than Verizon's ... Just saying
    03-13-2012 06:43 PM
    That's cuz Verizon's 3G speeds are darn near atrocious ... (Snipped)...
    Here in Orlando, my Verizon 3G speed is great. So much so that I don't miss the 4G speed I enjoyed with Sprint.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    03-13-2012 07:10 PM
    That's cuz Verizon's 3G speeds are darn near atrocious ... Buddy was here with the 4S for two weeks and I was shocked to see his speeds at .9 Mbps ... I pull anywhere from 5-10 Mbps on AT&T and unless something has changed and I missed it ... Sprints are even slower than Verizon's ... Just saying
    Verizon's 3G is not that slow. C'mon with the misleading information.
    03-13-2012 07:21 PM
    You'll be back...in the fall.
    03-13-2012 07:44 PM
    Here in Detroit my 3G speeds are great on my iPhone 4S. I don't get 9-10mbps (because that is HSPA+ speeds) but I do get a good speed, haven't tested it but it works fine for downloading apps and everything else.
    03-13-2012 07:52 PM
    All I will say is it was Android that drove me to iOS. Nuff said.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    03-13-2012 08:09 PM

Pretty much same story for me! Went from Android to iPhone 3GS back to Android and now to the iPhone 4S.
    03-13-2012 08:40 PM
    are the 4 and 4s really different enough for you to want to switch back...?
    03-17-2012 01:29 AM

I hear ya.

I had an Android phone and didn't like it all...at the time Sprint had not revealed their plans for their iPhone. I actually got a Blackberry to ditch the Android for a while.
    03-17-2012 01:23 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD