This phone is so expensive

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've never spent so much on accessories and apps as I have since I got the 4s! Android was definitely a more cost effective OS. Sure the quality is better with iOS...but it definitely comes with a cost.

That's my only complaint. Any other previous Android users feeling the same? Aside from that I'm enjoying my iPhone.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
simply put no. thats b/c there ARE accessories to buy. Ok so i pay a buck for some aps. no ads and way way more polished than android apps. WAY more stable apps. Worth it IMO

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I've never spent so much on accessories and apps as I have since I got the 4s! Android was definitely a more cost effective OS. Sure the quality is better with iOS...but it definitely comes with a cost.

That's my only complaint. Any other previous Android users feeling the same? Aside from that I'm enjoying my iPhone.

Nope, haven't felt that at all really. But, the only accessory I've really purchased (if it can be called that) is an OtterBox Defender. Apps are about the same in price, so no difference there (unless it's a more expensive app). Otherwise, I'm pleased with my 4s and I came from a mint condition Nexus S 4g on Sprint to the 4s on Sprint (love unlimited data).

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
My father in law got a cheap android phone because he refused to pay money for a phone when he already pays a monthly bill to the phone company. I tried to tell him that saving a few hundred dollars wasn't worth all of the headaches, but he didn't listen.

Now, he has a Huweii Android phone which is confusing to use, hard to figure out, and it shuts down every so often for no reason.

With Apple, you are guaranteed to get a great product which is intuitive to use. If it isn't great, they will fix it without question. I have had every iPhone since the 3G, and am now Mac user because of it. The extra cost is justified.

P.S. You can buy accessories on EBay for very cheap. I have bought a bundle 5 chargers and sync cables for $7 shipped. Don't pay high prices at Apple or Best Buy...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm curious as to what accessories you're buying? Cases? That's simply cosmetic. People who buy
a lot of cases tend to buy them no matter the phone they're using.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious as to what accessories you're buying? Cases? That's simply cosmetic. People who buy

I just have purchased quite a few cases and then a car kit. So the accessories are my own fault. But to the guy that said there is no difference in app prices...you're completely wrong. I'm not knocking iOS. It's funny to see OS fans band together and get defensive. I'm an unbiased smartphone user. I enjoy both systems equally so I offer unbiased opinions. The feeling I've expressed have been expressed by my customers as well.

I agree...quality comes with a higher cost. And the quality of the apps are definitely higher. But seriously guys...let's not be so biased.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Most of the accessories that I purchased for my 4S came from eBay or directly from the company using a discount code that I got from doing a Google search for one. Can't say that any of them were more expensive than the ones I got for my previous Android devices.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I find myself spending more money on my 4s than the Droid devices I've owned I feel thats because the selection of accesories is so much greater for the iPhone device coupled with me always having to change my case almost weekly.

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Couldn't agree more. It wouldn't matter what phone I owned, I always buy lots of 'crap' for it that I MUST have! Lol ;).

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please explain this to my hubby! ?.

Girl, I done tried this already with mine till I was blue in the face. Now I just don't tell him when I get a new case. Besides, men have enough of their boy toys, so us women can have our cases if we want, lol. :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Girl, I done tried this already with mine till I was blue in the face. Now I just don't tell him when I get a new case. Besides, men have enough of their boy toys, so us women can have our cases if we want, lol. :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

LMAO! My hubby is so nosey and notices EVERYTHING. I can't even sneak in a new top without him saying ... when did you get that? Haven't seen it before!? I swear he must take pictures of my closet to keep track of my shenanigans! I just buy him a new case or telescope thing or otherwise geeky article ... Shuts him right up ;)!
Feels good to know I am not alone.

Scarlet

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
One case - the CaseMate BarelyThere case... my downfall is apps... I have almost 400 apps between my iPhone 4S, my iPad2, my wife's iPhone 4 and her original iPad...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
LMAO! My hubby is so nosey and notices EVERYTHING. I can't even sneak in a new top without him saying ... when did you get that? Haven't seen it before!? I swear he must take pictures of my closet to keep track of my shenanigans! I just buy him a new case or telescope thing or otherwise geeky article ... Shuts him right up ;)!
Feels good to know I am not alone.

Scarlet

Yeah... it's a guy thing... makes my wife crazy, too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73