4s overheating

Lm546

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Lately I have been having an issue with my phone heating up, it seems to head up when I have it plugged in to the stereo in my car and am running pandora. Today, while running pandora throughout the stereo my phone shut off and I got a temperature warning stating that I needed to let the phone cool before I could even use it again. Any ideas? thanks in advance

garrett

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
like others have said take that in for a replacement.

i use my 4S with Pandora in my car and have taken many road trips where Pandora is playing for a good 12+ hours at a time while and having the GPS running with no overheat issues... To be quite honest the phone barely warms up at all.

4sid

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
My 4S barely warms up even after playing graphical games for 30 minutes or so. Play a good resource-intensive game and then take it to the Store. Show them how hot the device is right then. :)

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like an overheating battery issue. Easy fix to do yourself, but I'd take it to the Apple store as it should be covered under the manufacturer warranty.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Lately I have been having an issue with my phone heating up, it seems to head up when I have it plugged in to the stereo in my car and am running pandora. Today, while running pandora throughout the stereo my phone shut off and I got a temperature warning stating that I needed to let the phone cool before I could even use it again. Any ideas? thanks in advance

Plugged in for audio... what about power?

You could be using a power supply in the car that is providing too much amperage to the phone, causing heat. Trying a different power supply might cool things down.

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I would say heating up for smartphones regardless is Apple or not is pretty normal. Warm feeling yes especially when charging or using the phone heavily. However, if the heat is too hot to bear, then it could be heating issues.

Just my cents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73