WiFi Connectivity Issue

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Where I work, I use the WiFI on my iPhone 4s. Occasionally (like once or twice a day) it loses connection to the access point. My problem is that it doesn't re-connect automatically. Every time, I have to open the settings, select WiFi, and then tap on the network I want to re-connect to. Any ideas about this? It is really a pain. When I get home, it automatically re-connects to my home WiFi without asking me. If it helps, the WiFI at work is a hidden SSID. It does remember it, though. It also re-connects fine when I get to work each day. It just won't re-connect when it loses the connection while I am at work.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue! Haven't been able to figure out a solution yet either. And I have the exact same phone as you do. Attempting to see if downloading 5.1 will fill the issue.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Is this the only wifi network this occurs on? If that's the case then it's the network, talk to the network admins.

Reactions: jkeitz

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Is this the only wifi network this occurs on? If that's the case then it's the network, talk to the network admins.

Yes, it is, but of course, since it is only happening with my iPhone, when I tell IT, it "must be something wrong with my phone."

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas why, with this particular network, my iPhone won't automatically re-connect whenever it disconnects? If I had a particular, like "I'm having problems because the iPhone isn't recognizing the network disgronificator...," then I might be able to get this resolved.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I guess my problem is a little bit different. My hidden network is my own personal airport network. My phone just defaults to the other networks that are around (I'm a hall director at a university, have my own network in my apartment on campus, but my building also has two "company" networks as well).

Reactions: jkeitz

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR