Only 1 day left to decide

iRetired

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
whether I should go back to Verizon and get their version of the iPhone 4S. They've called me three times about forgiving the $250 ETF that I paid to leave them so I could get the iPhone 4S at AT&T. They also said that when I return I could get the 4S, which was why I left in the first place. Plus, they have a promo going on with doubling the data plan to 4 GB per month, as opposed to the 3 GB I now have through AT&T.

The only regret that I have is that I'd be stiffing the salesgirl at AT&T her commission (which I imagine was pretty good).

Any thoughts from the community here? As an aside, I've had about a dozen dropped calls since Feb 7, whereas I never had a dropped call in the ten years with Big Red.

Thanks all!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Business is business. Period! A college professor used to always say that in business, we are only loyal to our wallets. With that in mind, if Verizon offers you a better deal, take it. The relationship, I assume, that you have with the sales associate is of the business nature and not personal?

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If your considering going back, there must be a reason you left in the first place. And its not due to the 4S since Vzn had that as well.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
the 4g of data is just for 4g devices...

Not necessarily. I'm guessing the OP is dealing with Verizon's "win back" team - and they have plan codes that are available to them to "win back" people who left Verizon - so the quoted 4gig plan is very realistic.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So they will pay you your 250 back and double your data I say go for it I mean AT&T is having issues for you so seem like a good fix to your problem

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Why did you leave verizon in the first place when they both had the 4s? Seems to be more to it than just not having the phone when they both had the iphone.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If the Verizon service works for you go for it.

However I have heard that AT&T 3G is faster than Verizon.

Also see if verizon will agree to let you upgrade to new iPhone this fall as part of your willingness to come back.

iRetired

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Here's more: through ATT I have Applecare+ whereas it is unavailable at VZW. So if something were to happen to this phone, my deductible is only $49 as opposed to $199. There are two instances allowed, so I'd be out $98 versus $398. Guess that kinda makes it a no-brainer. In answer to a previous poster, I was not eligible to upgrade to the iPhone when I was with Verizon.

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Here's more: through ATT I have Applecare+ whereas it is unavailable at VZW. So if something were to happen to this phone, my deductible is only $49 as opposed to $199. There are two instances allowed, so I'd be out $98 versus $398. Guess that kinda makes it a no-brainer. In answer to a previous poster, I was not eligible to upgrade to the iPhone when I was with Verizon.

You can go to an apple store within 30 days with your reciept from your Verizon's iPhone 4s purchase and you can buy apple care plus. Must be within 30 days though

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I bought my new 4S at the Apple store near me and it was with VZW. I purchased Applecare+ with it and it automatically registers with the phone and done.

I like the assurance of having it. Hope I never use it. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2