Can I track my son's iPhone?

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I got my son an iPhone yesterday. Is it possible to monitor his location from my iPhone? He is only 14 and I would like to make sure he is safe.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can. Set up Find My iPhone using your apple ID. Then you can look at the app on your phone or computer and see where the phone is.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I would also recommend the find my iphone over find my friends.

You can have multiple icloud accounts linked to a device, but only one can be active with find my iphone. Setup a icloud account for him for all the other stuff. Add your icloud account and only check the find my iphone feature.

You can even go a step further and under restrictions, disable changes to accounts and disable changes to location settings. He will not be able to change it with out a passcode.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think tracking is a bad idea at all

In reference to keeping track of kids, especially teens, I wholeheartedly agree. My kids all know that they have no right to privacy in our home. Period! Of course, we 'allow' them their space and some privacy but they are privileges subject to revocation depending on their actions or lack thereof. My kids are happy, respectful, courteous (both in & outside the home) and well loved. I thank GOD for Blessing me with them. Anyway, I could care less that others disagree with me keeping track of my kids, but I respect their opinion and their choice to not track their own kids.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Find my Friends changes can be disabled in Restrictions as well. It's much easier to use for this since it stays logged in and can track as many friends as you wish with a very easy to use interface.

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Big Mother is watching you lol. I'd go with Find My iPhone. That way you can install a tracking app under the guise of just being able to track it down if it's stolen.

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have not personally tested but I will go with Find My iPhone. For kids or teenagers, it is good as it is always good to know who they are mixing with or their locations :)

Maiamitt

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
My 45-year-old son has epileptic seizures and is now wearing an Embrace by Empatica sensing watch. I have had two alerts today while he was out and about. Thankfully, he answered my phone call each time but if he can't answer and I need to find him, how can I do that? (He's okay with me doing it.)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My 45-year-old son has epileptic seizures and is now wearing an Embrace by Empatica sensing watch. I have had two alerts today while he was out and about. Thankfully, he answered my phone call each time but if he can't answer and I need to find him, how can I do that? (He's okay with me doing it.)

Using the find my iPhone should suffice. Just make sure he doesn't power the phone off. It needs to be active to see.
Here's a guide:
http://m.imore.com/how-use-find-my-iphone-ultimate-guide

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal