I just bught a new PC(I don't have $1000 to drop on a Mack ) and I want to put the music on my iPhone onto my new computer. I know how to re-download iTunes purchased music, but I can't figure how to get the music that was burned onto my last computer with CDs. If you know how to do this can you please let me know. Thank you.
    03-02-2012 03:42 PM
    Download iTunes and after installing it, initiate the app, insert your music CDs and then copy the songs from the CD using the 'rip' feature. Those songs will be saved on your new PC's hard drive.

UPDATE: If the songs you want to copy are on the hard drive of your old PC, you can do several things:
    1. Insert a flash drive and transfer the songs to it and then into your new PC
    2.take out the old hard drive and attach it as a slave to the new PC and then copy/move the songs over.
    3. Upload the songs to cloud account and then download them onto your new PC

these are just a few of the options you have.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 03-02-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    03-02-2012 03:59 PM
    So you still have the old pc with the music on it?

iPhone.
    03-02-2012 04:02 PM
    Download iTunes and after installing it, initiate the app, insert your music CDs and then copy the songs from the CD using the 'rip' feature. Those songs will be saved on your new PC's hard drive.

UPDATE: If the songs you want to copy are on the hard drive of your old PC, you can do several things:
    1. Insert a flash drive and transfer the songs to it and then into your new PC
    2.take out the old hard drive and attach it as a slave to the new PC and then copy/move the songs over.
    3. Upload the songs to cloud account and then download them onto your new PC

these are just a few of the options you have.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    ^This. If you had the songs/music uploaded through the cloud (like Google Music for example), then it may be re-downloadable to your new PC. Either that or transfer it over like Just Me, D stated/offered.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.
    03-02-2012 05:27 PM
    The problem is that my old PC I'd dead. The hard drive bit the dust, and I don't have the CDs for most of the songs on my iPhone.
    03-02-2012 07:20 PM
    Unfortunately I do not think there is a sanctioned way to do it (Welcome to Apple)
    I think you will have to use a third party application such as SharePod to do what you wish to do. There are others programs as well, a quick search on Google should pull a number of them up for you.

After this is done, remember to back up your important data, at least three different ways.

Hope this helped.

03-02-2012 08:18 PM
    Try looking into iTunes Match. It might work for exactly what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    03-02-2012 10:21 PM
    Thank you for the help guys.
    03-02-2012 10:50 PM
    The problem is that my old PC I'd dead. The hard drive bit the dust, and I don't have the CDs for most of the songs on my iPhone.
    You might still be able to recover what's on the hard drive. Some of
    the local techs charge about $50 for data recovery. Good luck!
    03-05-2012 11:44 AM
    So you have all of your music on your iPhone correct? Pretty much all you need to do since you are a windows user is go to this website SharePod You can download all of your songs from your iPhone/iDevice onto your computer and it will be there.
    03-05-2012 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD