Need help getting Music onto new computer.

PilotPhil81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just bught a new PC(I don't have $1000 to drop on a Mack :( ) and I want to put the music on my iPhone onto my new computer. I know how to re-download iTunes purchased music, but I can't figure how to get the music that was burned onto my last computer with CDs. If you know how to do this can you please let me know. Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Download iTunes and after installing it, initiate the app, insert your music CDs and then copy the songs from the CD using the 'rip' feature. Those songs will be saved on your new PC's hard drive.

UPDATE: If the songs you want to copy are on the hard drive of your old PC, you can do several things:
1. Insert a flash drive and transfer the songs to it and then into your new PC
2.take out the old hard drive and attach it as a slave to the new PC and then copy/move the songs over.
3. Upload the songs to cloud account and then download them onto your new PC

these are just a few of the options you have.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Download iTunes and after installing it, initiate the app, insert your music CDs and then copy the songs from the CD using the 'rip' feature. Those songs will be saved on your new PC's hard drive.

UPDATE: If the songs you want to copy are on the hard drive of your old PC, you can do several things:
1. Insert a flash drive and transfer the songs to it and then into your new PC
2.take out the old hard drive and attach it as a slave to the new PC and then copy/move the songs over.
3. Upload the songs to cloud account and then download them onto your new PC

these are just a few of the options you have.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

^This. If you had the songs/music uploaded through the cloud (like Google Music for example), then it may be re-downloadable to your new PC. Either that or transfer it over like Just Me, D stated/offered.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

PilotPhil81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that my old PC I'd dead. The hard drive bit the dust, and I don't have the CDs for most of the songs on my iPhone.

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I do not think there is a sanctioned way to do it (Welcome to Apple)
I think you will have to use a third party application such as SharePod to do what you wish to do. There are others programs as well, a quick search on Google should pull a number of them up for you.

After this is done, remember to back up your important data, at least three different ways.

Hope this helped.

:)

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So you have all of your music on your iPhone correct? Pretty much all you need to do since you are a windows user is go to this website SharePod You can download all of your songs from your iPhone/iDevice onto your computer and it will be there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh