So I'm aware that Siri doesn't have full functionality in the UK yet (i.e. can't do map searches etc.) and that's fine, but the other night I was watching TV and there was a new iPhone4S/Siri advert on. The advert seemed to show someone using the full Siri functionality, (where's the nearest X? - that kind of thing).

I can't find the ad on Youtube anywhere but it was definitely an English advert as Siri was a man and the people using the phones had British accents. I've searched high and low for any evidence that more features are coming to Siri in the UK but can't find anything, so does anyone know if there's been some sort of announcement of more features to Siri that I've missed?

The ad was different to previous Siri ads as it definitely showed people using functions that I know Siri doesn't currently have in the UK wheres normally they just don't mention them. By law, this wouldn't be allowed surely?

I'm aware there's announcement coming soon about the iPad 3 so is this expected to have more Siri news in it?

Apologies if this has already been answered but I did a search of the forums and found nothing.
    03-01-2012 07:21 AM
    It's possible it's coming with iOS 5.1, which should be coming soon. If you watch the commercial I bet there is some sort of small print about features not being available everywhere.
    Tillsworth likes this.
    03-01-2012 09:54 AM
    It's possible it's coming with iOS 5.1, which should be coming soon. If you watch the commercial I bet there is some sort of small print about features not being available everywhere.
    Cheers, yeah I expect it will be out with the next software update, but it struck me as odd because no previous Siri adverts in the UK have mentioned any of the features that aren't supported yet. I got all excited thinking I'd missed the release but couldn't find anything about it.
    03-01-2012 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD