So my wife threw her iPhone at me...

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but I was obligated to file a report with CPS (Communications Protective Services). The county should be knocking on your door at any moment now to remove your iPhones from the house and put them into protective foster care......:eek:

Ctfu!!!! The poor kids!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
A few weeks back, my wife threw her iPhone 4S at me in a fit of rage. Her case shattered, but amazingly the phone looked fine. Well since then, we've been noticing a lot of glitches. Sometimes the call screen won't go away after a call ends. Facebook shows alert badges but won't show what they're for. And tonight, when trying to download some apps it said it "couldn't connect to iTunes". So I have three questions:

1) Could these be symptoms of an unseen, internal injury resulting from the phone's short yet disastrous flight?

2) If so, would the geniuses be able to tell what happened through a software diagnosis? (accelerometer memory or something?)

3) If so, would a full restore wipe any such evidence?

1.) She threw the phone at you, so it's her problem now.

2.) She attempted domestic assault, so it's her problem now.

3.) She broke her little gossip machine, so it's her problem now.

I'm saying this because if the OP had started "So my husband threw his iphone at me last night", the thread following would be littered with man bashing... Domestic violence goes both ways, and because she became the physical aggressor.... let her figure out how to fix it.

And there have already been some other helpful posts here to further enable her explosive behavior.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
1.) She threw the phone at you, so it's her problem now.

2.) She attempted domestic assault, so it's her problem now.

3.) She broke her little gossip machine, so it's her problem now.

I'm saying this because if the OP had started "So my husband threw his iphone at me last night", the thread following would be littered with man bashing... Domestic violence goes both ways, and because she became the physical aggressor.... let her figure out how to fix it.

And there have already been some other helpful posts here to further enable her explosive behavior.

Bah. My wife has thrown things at me when I've gotten her REALLY fired up, but it only happened in the first two years of our now twenty-year marriage. Admittedly, I knew I should have stopped turning her knobs so much each time it happened.

Nobody here except the OP knows exactly what happened, and the OP doesn't seem very concerned. Lots of jokes are going around. Nobody needs to call the cops. Let's be adults here, and realize that sometimes things get heated between married couples and don't need to be labeled "domestic assault" every time something gets broken.

I'm not trivializing abuse, because I realize how serious it can be, but I've seen this get completely overblown with a close friend. His wife was on the phone with her mother while she was arguing with him, so her mom called the police. Nobody got hurt - the argument didn't even get phyical, her mom didn't like the way he was banging on the door - but the cops hauled him away to spend the night in jail. They ended up spending thousands of dollars on fines and classes, and the original argument was based on money trouble to begin with. The incident also prevented him from entering the career that he was going to start after graduating in a couple of months. They still haven't completely recovered financially from that night.

I kinda agree about the "her problem" part, though.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Bah. My wife has thrown things at me when I've gotten her REALLY fired up, but it only happened in the first two years of our now twenty-year marriage. Admittedly, I knew I should have stopped turning her knobs so much each time it happened.

Nobody here except the OP knows exactly what happened, and the OP doesn't seem very concerned. Lots of jokes are going around. Nobody needs to call the cops. Let's be adults here, and realize that sometimes things get heated between married couples and don't need to be labeled "domestic assault" every time something gets broken.

I'm not trivializing abuse, because I realize how serious it can be, but I've seen this get completely overblown with a close friend. His wife was on the phone with her mother while she was arguing with him, so her mom called the police. Nobody got hurt - the argument didn't even get phyical, her mom didn't like the way he was banging on the door - but the cops hauled him away to spend the night in jail. They ended up spending thousands of dollars on fines and classes, and the original argument was based on money trouble to begin with. The incident also prevented him from entering the career that he was going to start after graduating in a couple of months. They still haven't completely recovered financially from that night.

I kinda agree about the "her problem" part, though.

Exactly my point.... your buddy got locked up over something that was blown out of proportion.... so the door should swing both ways. We guys can go a day or two without the laundry or dishes being done while she's in the cooler thinking about things. (there's a joke in there, folks.... find it)

My post was tongue in cheek, except the part about it being on her to fix the phone.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I've got a pretty big family. I don't think I could go a day or two without laundry or dishes. She'd have so much work to do when I bailed her out...

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
A few weeks back, my wife threw her iPhone 4S at me in a fit of rage. Her case shattered, but amazingly the phone looked fine. Well since then, we've been noticing a lot of glitches. Sometimes the call screen won't go away after a call ends. Facebook shows alert badges but won't show what they're for. And tonight, when trying to download some apps it said it "couldn't connect to iTunes". So I have three questions:

1) Could these be symptoms of an unseen, internal injury resulting from the phone's short yet disastrous flight?

2) If so, would the geniuses be able to tell what happened through a software diagnosis? (accelerometer memory or something?)

3) If so, would a full restore wipe any such evidence?

Could she be getting "throttled"? Hahaha. Sounds like my iPhone since AT&T been punishing me for using over 2gbs.

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I've LMFAO....I think I scared my neighbors. I agree with SayntJ....couples will go through things. I will admit I've thrown things before. Never electronics....my object of choice was the tv remote and I would take responsibility and purchase another one. This happened in my early twenties. Now that I'm in my mid thirties I've learned how to deal with my buttons being pushed.

IMO the OP wife needs find other ways to deal with someone pushing her buttons. She could go for a drive, get a boxing bag installing in the garage or a dart board...basically leave the situation until she's able to think clearly. If she's tried to manage her anger and nothing is helping counseling might be an option.

As far as what the OP actually asked our opinions on. LOL. I wouldn't tell Apple the whole truth. I'd go for saying I dropped it. Dropping involves hitting something (concrete, a wall, the OP-j/k).

Reactions: saynt j

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone yesterday and it tumbled on the pavement. Luckily I had it in an Otterbox Commuter and the phone left the incident without any physical damage. However, I swear my speaker isn't as loud and when I put people on speakerphone it's more muffled. Could all be in my head. But I don't know. I would suppose a decent fall could jar some internals loose. This was a tumble from about hip height onto concrete. Hit the corner, landed on the back, and then ended up screen down. I almost started crying right then.

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
My next door neighbor was fighting with his girlfriend recently. He wouldn't answer his door for her so she smashed her iPhone into it and left it there for him to find. I don't know what kind of a statement she was trying to make but I just remember thinking, poor iPhone.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually dropped mine last week, it hit my foot first so that softened the blow. Then hit the concrete and landed face down. I have not noticed and issues as of yet. But then again i work in a noisy environment at times so in general i have a hard time hearing low tones anyway.

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
My next door neighbor was fighting with his girlfriend recently. He wouldn't answer his door for her so she smashed her iPhone into it and left it there for him to find. I don't know what kind of a statement she was trying to make but I just remember thinking, poor iPhone.

Wow...I understand being mad BUT I just can't process smashing an iPhone...let alone my own iPhone:confused:. Some people are passionate abt animals, I'm passionate abt electronics.:D LOL

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone yesterday and it tumbled on the pavement. Luckily I had it in an Otterbox Commuter and the phone left the incident without any physical damage. However, I swear my speaker isn't as loud and when I put people on speakerphone it's more muffled. Could all be in my head. But I don't know. I would suppose a decent fall could jar some internals loose. This was a tumble from about hip height onto concrete. Hit the corner, landed on the back, and then ended up screen down. I almost started crying right then.

I had a similar situation with my iPhone 4s. The speaker (earpiece) seemed to not work. Very muffled and distant when talking to someone. I called Apple and they went through several tests on the phone. Ended up making an appointment with the Genius Bar in Indianapolis. I drove the 87 miles and the people there were awesome. They exchanged my phone for a new one and The whole process took about 10 minutes !!! I might add that I was there on Christmas eve and I got there 5 minutes before they opened. There was a line of people that seemed to go on forever. One of the Apple guys asked if I had an appointment and ended up at the front of the line. Service was the best I have ever experienced. Great job Apple. The drive was worth it.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar situation with my iPhone 4s. The speaker (earpiece) seemed to not work. Very muffled and distant when talking to someone. I called Apple and they went through several tests on the phone. Ended up making an appointment with the Genius Bar in Indianapolis. I drove the 87 miles and the people there were awesome. They exchanged my phone for a new one and The whole process took about 10 minutes !!! I might add that I was there on Christmas eve and I got there 5 minutes before they opened. There was a line of people that seemed to go on forever. One of the Apple guys asked if I had an appointment and ended up at the front of the line. Service was the best I have ever experienced. Great job Apple. The drive was worth it.

Their customer service is ridiculous. I'm going to give it a few days or so to make sure that there is something wrong. My OCD might be the culprit. The problem for me is that I'm about 130 miles from my nearest Apple store. So hopefully I can either get it figured out before having to go. But if I have to, then I have to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice