Does anyone know a legit site to buy a whole new housing at? I need the back, front, and also the middle frame...the phone was ran over, probly a couple times...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    02-24-2012 09:48 PM
    Does it still work?!?

Replacing the frame may be pretty tough. From what I gathered when I fixed my home button on my iPhone 4, it's a MAJOR part of the phone. It's not just a part that goes around the outside; the entire phone is assembled around the heavy frame.

If you were really lucky, you might be able to find a water damaged phone family cheap that has a good condition frame, but I'd guess that it might be hard, considering that you could take a pretty messed up phone and buy a replacement at an Apple store for $200 or so.

If your phone is smashed but still in one piece, I'd see about going that route. $200 for an out of warranty replacement would probably be cheaper than buying parts to fix it.
    02-25-2012 03:21 AM
    Well it does still fully work, but my friend didn't have Apple care, so he just had to shell out $800 for a new one, so we are trying to fix this one and resale it to make back at least a little bit of his money...

02-25-2012 07:45 AM
    Did he take it to Apple? The out of warranty replacement should have been available, since they claim that as long as the phone isn't in multiple pieces it should ce covered. If you haven't taken it there, it's definitely worth making an appointment. AppleCare shouldn't be an issue, since it wouldn't have covered a smashed phone even if it were covered.
    02-25-2012 12:09 PM
    I'll try that out and let yall know what happens...thanks for the advice..

02-25-2012 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD