Camera roll
    photo stream
    photo library
    pictures

how do you get rid of some off these files and why do they come back.
    02-22-2012 09:30 PM
    Camera Roll are just the photos you've taken with your phone. Photo Stream are photos stored in iCloud that have been taken on iOS devices. Photo Library are the photos you've synced from iPhoto of your Windows PC. The only thing you can delete are ones (pictures or folders) you've synced over.
    02-23-2012 04:52 PM
    Camera Roll are just the photos you've taken with your phone.
    JS,
    Camera Roll also includes any photos I have saved to my iPhone 4S from an email sent to me. Which is great.
    Good Luck
    02-23-2012 09:48 PM
    but that whole thing is STUPID Sould be able to delete what I want.
    02-25-2012 07:49 AM
    but that whole thing is STUPID Sould be able to delete what I want.
    I would not say "stupid" as it actually makes a lot of sense. You can turn off your photo stream. That will get rid of that. Then you can delete all of the pictures you synced over if you'd like. Then all you are left with is your camera roll...
    02-25-2012 09:49 AM
    Exactly. This is what my mom does, because having more than just the Camera Roll folder confuses her for some reason.
    02-25-2012 11:14 AM
    You can delete pictures from your camera roll too if you want to... What else do you want to delete?
    02-27-2012 03:32 PM
    ok now i have a folder called pictures and photo libary. I cant delete a l picture there
    02-29-2012 10:43 AM
    ok now i have a folder called pictures and photo libary. I cant delete a l picture there
    "Pictures" I'm assuming you synced over from your computer. Photo library can not be deleted.
    02-29-2012 10:46 AM
    "Pictures" I'm assuming you synced over from your computer. Photo library can not be deleted.
    no... I dont think I synced any of them. Pictures I took with Iphone also Videos. None of it's on my pc
    02-29-2012 11:24 AM
    no... I dont think I synced any of them. Pictures I took with Iphone also Videos. None of it's on my pc
    Pictures/videos taken using the phone will be in Camera Roll and Photo Library. A folder named "Pictures" does not exist unless you created it, in which case it could be deleted.
    DANNCAS likes this.
    02-29-2012 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD