Make the jump or wait?

RWCouck#WP

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have come to the moment when I realize I will be coming over to my first iPhone and finally leaving android.

Now here is my dilema, do I go ahead and get the 4s or do I wait for the 5 or whatever the next iphone is gonna be?

Any suggestions or comments from people coming from android?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have come to the moment when I realize I will be coming over to my first iPhone and finally leaving android.

Now here is my dilema, do I go ahead and get the 4s or do I wait for the 5 or whatever the next iphone is gonna be?

Any suggestions or comments from people coming from android?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

If you need a new phone now get the 4s, if the phone you have now works fine and can last another half year or so then stick with what you have and get whatever the new iphone is called.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I say make the jump NOW.... I just did. Buy a 4S then sell it when the new one comes out and add a little more to get the new iPhone. You WONT be sorry.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I say make the jump NOW.... I just did. Buy a 4S then sell it when the new one comes out and add a little more to get the new iPhone. You WONT be sorry.

I'm in the same boat. Just get the best phone on the market right now. When the 5 comes out, buy it off contract and sell your 4S to offset the costs. One thing that people coming from Android need to realize, is that iPhones maintain a ridiculous resale value.

Opus and I both switched from the Galaxy Nexus to a 4S and even with me still missing some Android aspects, you couldn't pay me to switch - I was just offered $225 and a Nexus for this and I turned it down.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100% ^^^^^^

Came from a Nexus, Razr, DX2, DX all androids....

What I miss???? nothing!

Like Wildo6882 said iPhones retain great resale value.... Where as I just lost $100+ on selling my Nexus

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Make the jump the high resale of your device will help alleviate any additional cost to buy full retail PLUS it'll b unlocked ;)

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
As far as what I like vs Android devices I've had:

I love being able to click a date that is in an email sent to my iphone and it automatically puts it on my calendar.

I love the over all size of the iPhone. I thought I would miss the 4.65" screen and not once have I missed it yet.

I love the clarity of the display.....this display simply cannot be beat it is just amazing.

I love the camera, especially compared to my prior Android devices. The Nexus was horrible but this iPhone....WOW

Siri is also very cool, not really an advantage though over Android, just an nice extra to have.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I made the jump last month from a BB Storm2.
And boy am I glad. Can't imagine having to wait until the fall.

So I say, go ahead, jump!

Good Luck

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

This is what I would do. It's what I probably will do with my 4S when the next one comes out.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I would say if you can wait, to wait. But if you can't (and I don't blame you) then go get the 4S.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Go ahead and make the jump. Well worth it. And, you can always sell the 4s to offset the cost of the new one coming in fall.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If you need a new phone now get the 4s, if the phone you have now works fine and can last another half year or so then stick with what you have and get whatever the new iphone is called.

I agree.

I would caution against purchasing a 4s now if you do not have to even if you plan to sell it later. Thousands of other people will be doing the same thing when the new device gets released. This will make reselling more difficult and bring down the value of the old deice. So, hold off if you can.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree.

I would caution against purchasing a 4s now if you do not have to even if you plan to sell it later. Thousands of other people will be doing the same thing when the new device gets released. This will make reselling more difficult and bring down the value of the old deice. So, hold off if you can.

I completely disagree that a lot of people selling their 4S to get the next iPhone is going to bring down the price or make them hard to sell. People are still selling (and getting) over $300 for an iPhone 4 16gb. That phone is almost 2 years old. You can't find another 2 year old phone selling that high. Most high end Android phones don't go that high 6 months after release. A used 4S in mint condition will still get you a good chunk of a new iPhone paid for.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I completely disagree that a lot of people selling their 4S to get the next iPhone is going to bring down the price or make them hard to sell. People are still selling (and getting) over $300 for an iPhone 4 16gb. That phone is almost 2 years old. You can't find another 2 year old phone selling that high. Most high end Android phones don't go that high 6 months after release. A used 4S in mint condition will still get you a good chunk of a new iPhone paid for.

Agreed. When comparing the sales of the 4S along with Android devices of similar age on eBay, the resale value of the 4S blows them all away.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW