Make the jump or wait?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
OP, I would go with the 4S now as others have said. Why wait another 8 months when you can be using a iPhone now? Keep the device that you have now, just before the new iPhone comes out you can put your 4S up for sale and use your old device temporarily while you wait.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

bluepeak

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Half a year is a long time to be without an iPhone :/

I'd consider buying a used iPhone 4, it's really not much worse than 4S and you can get it for half the price. Then switch to 5 once it's out, and sell the 4, without losing much.

anon(114490)

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
4s

I say make the jump NOW.... I just did. Buy a 4S then sell it when the new one comes out and add a little more to get the new iPhone. You WONT be sorry.

Just got the 4s 64GB at upgrade pricing and planning to sell it to hopefully mostly pay for the new iPhone later this year! I'd say the best way to go.

jamie

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. My upgrade comes up April 1st on Sprint. I can't decide whether to keep using my launch day evo and wait on the next iphone or go for the 4s. The evo is my first smart phone experience so I really want to try ios and and see the differences for my self.

jscott1026

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Your not gonna hear me try and talk you off the Ledge. I made the leap and it was worth it. Droid 2 was nice but it is was better to rock the 4s and with high resale prices if you want to make a switch you can throw it on ebay and sell it and upgrade. Go for it!:D

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Can I be the one that says, yes they do have high resale value, IF you find the right person to sell it to. My local Craigslist is flooded with iPhones and when I had a 32GB 4S for sale, people wanted it for less than $400. When the 5 comes out, people will want the 4S for even less.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Can I be the one that says, yes they do have high resale value, IF you find the right person to sell it to. My local Craigslist is flooded with iPhones and when I had a 32GB 4S for sale, people wanted it for less than $400. When the 5 comes out, people will want the 4S for even less.

Yes, that's with everything. Gotta find the right buyer and the right situation. But there is still a very good chance that it will get you a GOOD chunk of what you would pay for the 5 off contract (assuming you've taken care of the 4S and it's still basically mint). Will it make the 5 free for you? No. But if someone wants to use their upgrade because they really want an iPhone now, it isn't a waste because these things do maintain such a good resale value. MUCH MUCH better than any other cell phone on the market.

Like I said above, iPhone 4 16gb is still getting upwards of $300 on eBay. That phone is 20 months old. There isn't any cell phone out there that gets that much nearly two years from release. Are you trying to tell me that a year from the release of the 4S it will get less than $300? Not a chance. It will still be in demand and it will still be very sellable. Hell, the 3GS is still selling at a pretty decent tick.

stillriza

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Even if the 5 is announced, it would still be some time before you could actually get your hands on one. I had to wait 4 months from the date the 4s was released before I could actually walk into a store and pick one up. Go for it!

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's with everything. Gotta find the right buyer and the right situation. But there is still a very good chance that it will get you a GOOD chunk of what you would pay for the 5 off contract (assuming you've taken care of the 4S and it's still basically mint). Will it make the 5 free for you? No. But if someone wants to use their upgrade because they really want an iPhone now, it isn't a waste because these things do maintain such a good resale value. MUCH MUCH better than any other cell phone on the market.

Like I said above, iPhone 4 16gb is still getting upwards of $300 on eBay. That phone is 20 months old. There isn't any cell phone out there that gets that much nearly two years from release. Are you trying to tell me that a year from the release of the 4S it will get less than $300? Not a chance. It will still be in demand and it will still be very sellable. Hell, the 3GS is still selling at a pretty decent tick.

I just sold a i4 on craigslist for 300. U bet the 4s would go for 300-350 easily when the i5 is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RWCouck#WP

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate all your inputs and I think I will be making the jump as soon as my taxes come in. Now I know ill be missing some things from android but I plan on jailbreaking the day I get the phone. But besides that anyone have some apps that are a must have?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

dall94

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Your not gonna hear me try and talk you off the Ledge. I made the leap and it was worth it. Droid 2 was nice but it is was better to rock the 4s and with high resale prices if you want to make a switch you can throw it on ebay and sell it and upgrade. Go for it!:D

did you sell your droid 2? if so how much did you sell it for? I have one right now and my upgrade is march 18th so i'm tryin to figure out how much i can get for it so i can put it towards my iphone.