I received my first iPhone today. I am a long time android user. Is there anyway to use SWYPE? thanks
    02-22-2012 07:20 PM
    Welcome aboard. I'm on day 3 with my iPhone 4s. I also came from Android. I'm not sure if a Swype like program exists on iOS. One thing I noticed right away is how fluid & accurate the keyboard is when typing. My guess is after a couple days you'll forget about Swype. On a side note, Siri is also extremely accurate.
    02-22-2012 08:05 PM
    I received my first iPhone today. I am a long time android user. Is there anyway to use SWYPE? thanks
    There is a Swipe tweak in Cydia if you are Jailbroken, it's called iSwipe. However, it is not very good as it messed up my Tapatalk app and caused some issues with Safari as well so I just deleted it. After I deleted it Tapatalk and Safari are working fine. I believe iSwipe is still beta and that may be where the problem is.
    02-22-2012 08:42 PM
    yeah the keyboard is accurate as hell. Ill give it a few days.
    02-22-2012 09:32 PM
    Day 4 for me, I switched from a Droid X, bigger difference in switching than I thought. Love it so far, a little concerned with the battery time though. I take it off of the charger at 8:30 a.m., the battery is at 10% by about 7 PM, is that normal? Also I use my iPod at my desk all day, I am going to use my iPhone now, will it hurt it (the battery) to leave it on the speaker dock all day?
    02-23-2012 06:53 AM
    I take it off of the charger at 8:30 a.m., the battery is at 10% by about 7 PM, is that normal? Also I use my iPod at my desk all day, I am going to use my iPhone now, will it hurt it (the battery) to leave it on the speaker dock all day?
    That's not bad battery life, per se, but mine drains pretty quickly because of network congestion at work. As far as docking it all day, I've done that every day for well over a year (almost 2) with 3 different phones and it's fine. I've read that the batteries in these phones are better when kept fully charged.
    02-23-2012 07:26 AM
    Day 4 for me, I switched from a Droid X, bigger difference in switching than I thought. Love it so far, a little concerned with the battery time though. I take it off of the charger at 8:30 a.m., the battery is at 10% by about 7 PM, is that normal? Also I use my iPod at my desk all day, I am going to use my iPhone now, will it hurt it (the battery) to leave it on the speaker dock all day?
    Pretty sure I saw you around the Nexus forums over at AC. I think me, you, and OpusX took the same jump due to the issues of that phone. Anyway, what all do you have running during the day? How many emails, texts, phone calls are you responding to? Play a lot of games or GPS heavy/BlueTooth heavy apps or situations? I think that could be reasonable battery life depending on what you're doing. Mine has been off the charger since around 8:30am. It's now 3:40pm. I'm sitting at around 57% with my battery. I've had zero phone calls (that I answered), but numerous texts and emails, checking facebook and twitter a couple times, some DM responses in Tapatalk, and I think that's it.

I also don't think leaving it on the dock will hurt it at all. I've heard very good things about the battery in these suckers. And if the battery craps out within the first year while it's still under warranty, it's nothing to get it replaced.
    02-23-2012 04:44 PM
    I am also came from android. I switched from Sprint and the Nexus S and the Evo 3d. I love my 4S it everything I always wanted my Androids to be. I was rooted and running custom Roms. Seems like I was always looking at the forums for my next rom fix. Now I just use my phone and have fun with it. I haven't even had the urge to jailbreak. Bye the way love the keyboard

Sent from my iPhone
    02-23-2012 04:56 PM
    I'm (yet again) with Wildo on this.

I am showing off the charger for 12 hrs 13 min and am currently at 57% battery.

A couple short phone calls, many texts and few emails and a bit of facebook/twitter usage.

Shows just under 5hrs total usage time out of those 12 hrs off the charger.
    02-23-2012 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD