When the iPhone is on the home screen the txt at the top of the screen ( carrier etc?) Is it suppose to be white a grayish white. And is the status bar gradient grey or just grey
    02-20-2012 11:42 PM
    Bump******
    02-22-2012 06:42 PM
    yes.... or no... not really sure what you mean...

and btw, "bumps" are frowned upon...
    02-22-2012 06:52 PM
    Like Rock said, yes and no. The top banner is actually a bit transparent, SO if you use a black background wp, the bar will be solid black, if you use a light or white colored wp, it will appear to be a dark transparent gray color.
    02-22-2012 07:03 PM
    Sorry about the bump . And thank you I did notice that . I guess I was more curious about the color of the bar when in settings messages etc. mine looks really dark compares to others I've seem
    02-22-2012 09:31 PM
    The status bar style changes depending on the context. If you're in an app or an area that is presenting full-screen content/background, like photos, videos, or your home screen, then you'll have a more subdued, slightly transparent black status bar with grey/white text. If you're in a standard menu-driven app like Settings, you'll have a light grey status bar with black text. If you're in a dark, custom-themed app like iTunes U, VEVO, Notes, or Reminders, then you'll have the solid black status bar with grey/white text, but it won't be transparent (because there's no content to show behind it).

It's up to the app maker to decide what kind of status bar to show, but that's the general idea, you'll have a status bar that fits the app's theme or current context most closely so that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

In rare cases, I have seen apps eschew the status bar entirely and draw their own custom clock, signal indicator, and stuff. I can't remember where I saw that, though.
    02-23-2012 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD