Odd Camera App behavior

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, i was hoping someone could shine some light on this odd thing that happened to my phone today. my details: 4S, 5.0.1(v905), not jailbroken. i've posted attachments of the ss's below.

So heres the deal - a member here, rich67, posted a beach ss of a pic they took with their jailbroken 4S. I asked if it would be ok to use it as a wp because it was such a great shot. When i saved the pic, my camera app options changed. On the bottom suddenly became 2 tabs - one of 'albums' and the other 'places' and the top right became the 'arrow box' for addl options (ie.to email, message etc.) I deleted the pic and had to delete my photostream also to get rid of the pic all together. As soon as it was gone, my camera app returned back to 'normal' (see attached pics below) the first pic is of my camera app prior to saving the pic and then how it was after deleteing it. the second pic is what my camera app looked like when i had the pic still saved.

Could this have been caused because the photo may have been geo-tagged or because the person was jailbroken? I'm really puzzled as to what could have caused this. Any explanation would be greatly appreciated:) (through the few mins i had the pic saved my phone seemed to be normal)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)ok, so Rich posted to me in the 4S post pic thread and he confirmed that he has geo tagging on and that's why it came up in my camera roll that way. Boy don't I feel silly now lol. I've never encountered anything like that because I always have my location/geo tag off for my camera app so I was unfamiliar with that.

Mods, I leave this up to you if you want to leave this thread in case someone else unaware as I was comes across this, or if you chose to delete the thread -- I'm ok with that too. ;):)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I didn't see this earlier - I could've set you straight. Yeah, if your camera app has access to location, it tags your pictures.

I kind of like the feature. You can open a map through your photo app and see where exactly your pictures were taken. I have a lot from 1) Pittsburgh (home) 2) Cincinnati, OH/Chicago, IL (work territories) 3) Las Vegas and Hilton Head (favorite vacation spots). The map will allow you to view the photos taken in those locations too.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thx iLive and better late than never, huh? LOL.:D
i on the other hand don't like geo-tagging anything lol. So when saving that pic changed the whole behavior of my camera app, i deleted it. It was such a GREAT shot too !! AND, i look at it this way - i was looking for a 'reason' to get rid of photostream, and this helped it along:)

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, i was hoping someone could shine some light on this odd thing that happened to my phone today. my details: 4S, 5.0.1(v905), not jailbroken. i've posted attachments of the ss's below.

So heres the deal - a member here, rich67, posted a beach ss of a pic they took with their jailbroken 4S. I asked if it would be ok to use it as a wp because it was such a great shot. When i saved the pic, my camera app options changed. On the bottom suddenly became 2 tabs - one of 'albums' and the other 'places' and the top right became the 'arrow box' for addl options (ie.to email, message etc.) I deleted the pic and had to delete my photostream also to get rid of the pic all together. As soon as it was gone, my camera app returned back to 'normal' (see attached pics below) the first pic is of my camera app prior to saving the pic and then how it was after deleteing it. the second pic is what my camera app looked like when i had the pic still saved.

Could this have been caused because the photo may have been geo-tagged or because the person was jailbroken? I'm really puzzled as to what could have caused this. Any explanation would be greatly appreciated:) (through the few mins i had the pic saved my phone seemed to be normal)
The picture had location info saved to it. The option was hidden previously since none of your pictures had location information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2